Chapter 3

Aria's POV

I walked towards Theresa, my long black dress trailing slightly on the floor behind me, while my Jimmy Choo heels clicked against the marble tiles of the hall where the event was being held. I was two years younger than Theresa, but we were still close friends.

"Oh my god, I'm so glad you're here, Aria!" Tessa exclaimed.

"Hey! What's going on?"

"One of my bachelorettes dropped out at the last minute! I need you to take her place."

"What?! I didn't even know this was an auction-"

"Please, please, please do this for me! You are the perfect bachelorette."

I wanted to help her. I really did. But, I mean, a bachelorette?

As if she read my mind, Tessa's expression softened and she said:

"You just have to spend today until 12 with the guy that picks you. Please!"

I sighed. How could I say no? It was for a good cause anyways. "Sure thing, Tess."

"Perfect. Now go backstage and wait with the other girls. The auction starts in 10 minutes. You will be my grand finale."

I nodded and walked backstage to join the beautiful women clad in sexy dresses. I smiled and waved to a few I recognized. One of the girls glared at me for some reason, but I let it pass.

A few minutes later, Theresa's sweet voice came through the speakers.

"Good evening, everyone. I hope you all are enjoying the night so far." She paused as a few murmurs of agreement came from the audience. After that, she continued on to talk about the charity and how it would benefit children with cancer. Tessa explained that the money donated tonight would help get treatment to kids whose families couldn't afford it. She then gave the floor to the auctioneer who would direct the auction portion of the event.

The man's loud voice replaced Tessa's as he called the first bachelorette onstage. They continued bidding, then the girl was sold for $10,000. Everyone clapped. The auction continued, until, at last, it was my turn. I took a deep breath and walked out from behind the curtain.

Angelo's POV

I arrived at the hall as soon as the event started. I had to admit, the building itself was very beautiful, made out of different colored marble and colossal chandeliers.

I made my way to the room where the event was being held, and took a seat next to one of my American friends.

"Hey, Angelo! You didn't even tell me you were here, man!" Xavier grinned at me.

"Just some business."

"Where's your date?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

I waited until the waiter had poured some wine in my glass before I spoke.

"Don't have one. I broke up with my girlfriend last night."

Xavier laughed and rolled his eyes. Just then, Theresa's smooth voice cut across the room. I listened to her talk about the charity and the kids with the cancer, then watched a man walk onstage. He began auctioning off the girls one by one. I chuckled to myself and watched as desperate men used their money to buy themselves dates. Theresa sure knew how to raise money.

I had to do a double take when the last girl walked onstage.

Holy fuck.

It was her.

My angel.

The girl that rejected me last night at the club.

She was here.