Chapter 22

Angelo's POV

I drove impatiently to Aria's house. Jasmine told me to drive Aria's car back and that she would take Aria with her. I was forced to agree, since Jasmine had told me that my baby wasn't ready to talk to anyone yet.

It sent pain through my chest every time I thought about it. Aria had to get married to another man. I had talked with Maddox, and he had told me that the contract said they could get divorced after a year. That was the only thing that gave me hope. I had to wait a little while, but in the end I could make Aria mine.

I knew I couldn't deny it any longer, I had fallen in love with her during our short time together. And I would wait for her to come back to me.

I still had yet to tell her about Nicholas. I had contacted his parents and they agreed to let them meet in a public area. I wasn't entirely sure how she was going to react to the the news, but she has the right to know.

I arrived at Aria's building, maneuvering her car carefully into the circular driveway. I knew how much she loved her car, it was like her baby.

I bolted out of the Aston as soon as I saw Jasmine's Corvette. They were already here.

I sprinted through the door of Aria's apartment. I had to see my angel, talk to her. It had been too long and pain was eating away at my heart. Even her short absence had me realizing the true meaning of the saying 'you never know what you have until you lose it'.

I found Aria on the couch with a box of donuts, watching some T.V. show. Jasmine was beside her, both of them dressed in sweatpants and oversized T-shirts. But it was Aria's shirt that caught my eye.

It was mine.

My heart almost burst from happiness. The fact that she was wearing my shirt made me want to bounce off a wall.

I made eye contact with Jasmine, trying to get a read on Aria's current state. She just nodded and left the living room.

"Hey, baby." I sat down gently beside her.

She sighed and looked me in the eyes. "I love you, Angelo. I'm fucking in love with your stupid ass."