Chapter 18

Angelo's POV

What was Thayer doing in Aria's office? I knew that Thayer basically owned this company, but why was he with Aria? Was he an ex boyfriend? One of her random hookups?

"I'm her fucking brother. Who are you?" His eyes bore into mine as he pulled Aria away from me.

Her brother? Oh, right. Aria worked for her dad's company and Thayer was the heir to that same company.

"I'm her boyfriend."

Thayer's jaw literally dropped. "Boyfriend?" He turned to Aria. "This playboy is your boyfriend?"

Aria lifted her chin up and loosened her brother's grip on her arm. "Yes. Yes he is."

"You can't be serious right now? He changes his girls every single week."

"Well, we have been dating for two weeks and he's been nothing but sweet."

"That's what he does with all of them! He's playing with you, Aria!"

I turned to him and spoke up. "No I'm not. You used to do the same thing. Until you found Tessa."

"Tessa was different. She wasn't your bloody sister."

"Why does it matter? She's my Tessa, okay? She's my second chance."

"She's five years younger than you."

"Tessa is younger than you as well.

"Only by three years."

"Why does it matter? Your dad is seven years older than your mom."

He clenched his fists and I put myself on guard. Thayer's temper was horrible. "You can't date my sister."

"Who's going to stop me?"

"Who do you think?" Before I knew it his fist was connected with my jaw. I stumbled back a few steps, regaining my posture. I looked back at him. He looked ready to murder someone.

"Thayer, I'm not going to hurt her." I wasn't going to fight him, Thayer has been one of my best friends since college.

"She's been through enough shit already. Just leave her be, Angelo."

"I fucking can't, Thayer. You know what happens. It happened to you." I spat out.

"What happened to love not existing?" He stepped closer to me.

"I don't know. I don't know what she does to me. I don't know how I changed so fast. But I did. And I promise you that I will take care of her."

"I can't trust anyone with her. Would you let Valentina date a playboy? Lia?" He knows that I would murder any douche who would try to play my sisters.

"I'm not a playboy anymore."

Aria stepped in between us. She grabbed Thayer's shoulders. "Thayer listen to me." She slapped a hand across his cheek when he didn't turn his attention to her. "Thayer!"

"What?"

"It's okay. I'm fine. I can handle myself. I'm not a naïve high schooler anymore."

"I can't Aria. I can't let you walk into a trap like this. It's happened before too many times. I'm not going to let it happen again."

"Thayer. It's okay. He took me to Italy. I met his parents. He's not playing." My heart warmed. She knew that I was for real with her.

Thayer shook his head and walked out of Aria's office without another word, slamming the door behind him. Aria sank into her office chair and held her head in her hands.

"Aria? Baby?" She took a deep breath and smiled at me.

A fake smile.

My heart ached. I didn't want her to hide her emotions in front of me. I wanted to know how she felt. I wanted her to be happy. I picked her up bridal style, grabbed her phone and purse, and marched out of her office. I dropped her inside the car and drove off towards her apartment. She needed to forget what happened, release some stress, and I could help her with that.

----------------------------------

A/N

Tears...

If you haven't already, then please check out my new book. It's called A Series of Mistakes.

Love y'all

Maryum