c h a p t e r - t w e n t y s i x

Place - Mumbai

Shivansh took a deep breath before raising his hand and ringing the doorbell. He waited patiently while looking around as he got a few stares from people walking up and below from the stairs of the building Aayrah lived in. He has always been awkward and this just added to it. He held the handle of his backpack and let out a sigh of relief when the door flung open showing Aayrah's happy smile. Shivansh smiled back at her but she didn't give him time to recover as she held his arm and pulled him inside making him stumble.

"Aaru, kasa karates," Aai said sternly. Aayrah rolled her eyes. Ahana waved at Shivansh excitedly and happily as he returned it back. Baba just smiled when Shivansh gave him a smile and nod.

Aai then looked at Shivansh as a smile formed on her lips, "Ye, Shivansh." Shivansh smiled awkwardly and gave his sweetest smile.

"You don't have to side everyone literally," Aayrah said and moved to Shivansh as she instructed him about where to take off his shoes. They both walked towards the sofa set and Aayrah popped on one side while gesturing Shivansh to take a seat beside her, "Sit."

Shivansh looked at Ahana with confusion not knowing if he should follow Aayrah. Ahana chuckled and gave him the assurance to go ahead. He gave it a nod and got seated beside Aayrah while gaining a look from her. Aai and Baba smiled while exchanging a look and getting seated by themselves.

They liked Shivansh by far and have been happy with Aayrah's choice genuinely.

"This is my Aai and this is my Baba and you have already met my Di," Aayrah said pointing at each of her family members as they smiled happily back at Shivansh.

"And he is Shivansh," She said further. He smiled not knowing what else to do. They chuckled at his awkwardness and thought of making him comfortable enough.

"So you are in IT then?" Baba started with a safe topic of career. Shivansh felt at ease hearing him as he adjusted in his seat to face him.

"Yes, also thinking of going for an MBA now but as a part-time," Shivansh said and Baba and Aai smiled with a nod.

"It's good to be ambitious," Baba said being contained with Shivansh's answer. Shivansh just smiled.

"Guys, he is a little shy boy unlike our very own shameless girl so just make him feel comfortable," Ahana said with a smile and got up. Baba and Aai let out a chuckle and shook their heads while Aayrah just glared at her sister.

"Shivansh, have something," Ahana said, "I will bring Aai made nashta with coffee or tea. What you prefer?"

"Tea. Haven't you seen him with his teacup on that trip?" Aayrah asked with irritation. Aai-Baba along with Ahana gave mischievous looks as Shivansh looked around the house.

"No, I didn't notice as you did," Ahana said with a smirk. Aayrah rolled her eyes with annoyance.

"Stop it, you guys," she shouted making her family laugh.

"I will have tea," Shivansh said. Ahana nodded with a smile.

"Okay, coming right away. I am going to bring for everyone," Ahana said looking around.

"I don't want anything to eat. Just coffee," Aayrah said. Ahana shook her head slightly while rushing to the kitchen.

"Aaru," Aai shouted. Aayrah threw her an irritated glare.