c h a p t e r - f i f t e e n

Day - 8 (continued...) and Day - 9

With vast expanses of lush meadows, snow-clad mountains, and mesmerizing scenic beauty, the Bhrigu Lake trek was going to be one of a kind experience for our duo. Aayrah made all the arrangements for them prior through one of her friends. They started early in the morning as Aayrah wanted to get out of the hotel before Ahana wakes up. Shivansh was anyway an early rider so it wasn't a great deal for him. At first, they did local sighting as their reporting timing in Manali was around 12 in the noon. They had a quick lunch before reporting, from where they traveled by bus to north of Manali to get to the base camp of the trek. It didn't take them much time to reach Gulaba. The trek to the meadows of Gulaba started in the afternoon and they reached their base camp by evening. They were informed that trek to Rola Kholi would start the next day and Aayrah could spot the worry on Shivansh's face, making her realize that she was already in a deep shit. So she just acted of being tired and rushed to their tent giving the reason that she was tired and dragged Shivansh along so he won't hear anything which he shouldn't from the surrounding. 

The morning came early along with the rush outside the tents. It was a warm day and the air was pleasant. Aayarh and Shivansh were ready and excited to start the next day. Aayrah removed her jacket and kept it around her trekking bag. She raised her eyebrows at Shivansh at side who was looking into his mobile and up at the mountains. 

"Are you sure we will come back by tomorrow? It says 4 days trek," Shivansh said with crooked eyebrows as he doubted Aayrah's intensions. She rolled her eyes.

"Relax, Egghead," she said throwing her hand around his arm and pulling him closer, "I have enquired about it and they say we will be back by tomorrow evening or max by night."

"Okay," Shivansh said still not much convinced. He sighed and looked at front and at the map in hand as he spoke ahead, "It seems to be easier." Aayrah gave him an excited smile.

"And looks beautiful, isn't it?" she asked raising her eyebrows. He nodded with a smile looking around. 

"It sure does," he said in a low voice still mesmerized with the beauty around. He was deep down glad that Aayrah dragged him here else he would have missed this beautiful creature even after coming this closer. But he still felt Chirag and Ahana would have accompanied them to see this with their own eyes.

"So Eggh... I mean Ansh," Aayrah said correcting when a group of people stood beside them. Shivansh gave her a smile as she made a face and spoke again, "We have to go through those green meadows you see at front and forests every now and then to reach the destination." Shivansh nodded listening to her carefully.

"We have a few stops here and there, and there are people with us as you have already seen them," she said keeping her voice lower at the end while gesturing at the people standing beside them who were their fellow trekkers. 

"Thanks for giving me the information which I already know," he said making her roll the eyes. Shivansh chuckled as he spoke again, "Have you ever been to a Himalayan trek before?" Shivansh asked nodding at her and folded the map in his hand as he kept it securely in his hooded puffer jacket.

"I was in Spiti last year but that was all. I wanted to go again and climb those white mountains but people were crying for money," Aayrah said rolling her eyes as she shook her head. Shivansh chuckled looking at her expressions.

"So you are aware of the precautions to take up there considering we will be at a greater distance above sea level," he asked raising his eyebrows. Aayrah gave him a look. She barely thought about those things and was just thinking about enjoying her time.

"Yes, don't worry. I will save you," she still said with a smirk as she was still holding him close to her. Shivansh chuckled again.

"I have done a few treks so I am used to it," he said making her impressed all of sudden.