c h a p t e r - t w e n t y f o u r

Place - Mumbai
A couple of weeks later...

---------------------------------------------

The chapters from hereon will contain a few Marathi sentences and words. I will explain them in English with inline comments so please refer to that.

Give me at least 5 minutes to post inline comments after publishing the chapter.

Thank you and happy reading.

----------------------------------------------

Aayrah rolled on her stomach while sleeping on the bed. The fan above her head was moving at full speed to beat the increased heat of Mumbai but she still was frustrated with the hot air coming through it. Aayrah groaned loudly and got Aai's loud reply to it in no time about how she is of no help at any household chores. She rolled her eyes and got up from her position leaving the laptop open with the searches about top colleges for doing MFA. She made her way inside the kitchen and stood beside her mother who was preparing the lunch hurriedly. Ahana had already left for the office else she would always help her with everything and anything, giving their always working Aai some time to breathe. Aai looked at Aayrah to the side with slight confusion and doubt.

"Do you want anything to eat? I have made Chakali and Besan Ladu which you love," Aai said pointing to the rack behind and looked at Aayrah again, "Find it on the rack. Pan Aaru, dabba parat jagevar thev. Saglikade pasara karun thevu nako," Aai said being focused on the onion she put in the oil and moved it with a spoon continuously.

Aayrah chuckled at Aai. She didn't feel annoyed this time with her nagging because she had started understanding her mother and her everyday struggles with household chores now. Aayrah threw her hands around her Aai from the back, making her raise her eyebrows slightly. Aayrah never exactly showed her fondness for her in all the years like how Ahana did. Aai smiled and held her hand.

"What happened?" Aai asked being a bit worried. Aayrah chuckled while closing her eyes and keeping her head over her mother's shoulder.

"Nothing. You do so much, Aai and I just kept on taking out my frustration on you all the years. Sorry," she said in a low voice. Aai's worry deepened hearing her nalayak daughter saying a few good words but she just smiled silently. Aayrah moved away and stood beside Aai again, "Now tell me what to do. I will help you." She asked excitedly. Aai chuckled.

"Go and seat with your Baba in living room. I will take care," Aai said making Aayrah frowned. She genuinely wanted to help but Aai thought she will have to do extra work if Aayrah does help her. Cleaning up the mess done by her would be pain so she just thought of shoving her younger daughter away.

"No, tell me," Aayrah said being adamant and Aai sighed. She gestured at the vegetables kept on the side, "Wash them nicely and then peel the Matar as I am thinking of making Matar Bhaat today. You love it, no?" Aayrah smiled widely at the assigned tasks and rushed to the sink on the other side of the kitchen counter. Her Aai watched her with adoration and a smile. She did notice some changes in Aayrah ever since she got back from the trip but she didn't question her as the changes were for good.

"Aaru," She called when Aayrah was humming a song while peeking the Matar. Aayrah gave her a questioning look but continued with humming.