c h a p t e r - n i n e

Day - 4 (Continued...)

Lost... It's scary but exciting. Getting lost on some unknown street in some different state. The thought scared Ahana to death, on the top of it there was no network. The people around didn't seem much convincing at this late in the night and they were starving. Aayrah was ready with her camping stuff as she was excited about trekking.

The stars were shining bright in the sky along with the moon which was partially visible. The bonfire was too little without much wood around or rather the people were too lazy to go and find the woods. The car's headlight was adding the light to the surrounding. Aayrah opened the trunk and settled with the baggage keeping the trunk open. The rest of the three were sitting around the fire as it was pretty much cold in the surrounding.

Aayrah rubbed her arms and let out a deep sigh. She was excited for a while until Ahana lashed out on her and made it look like her fault altogether. Chirag tried to settle the matter saying it was his fault which actually was but Ahana was high as she was panicking. Aayrah knew this so she refrained herself from saying anything fearing Ahana might actually lose her shit while they were unable to find a way out. So it was Chirag's brilliant idea to get settled here until the sunrise again and they could see the surrounding. Aayrah rested her head on the baggage and took a deep breath as she stared in the stars with a blank mind.

It's strange how the peaceful surrounding was doing the exact reverse effect on her mind. Instead of feeling calm at the moment, she started thinking about everything happening in her life or have happened already. She wasn't exactly mad at Ahana for losing her shit at her but that drowned her into her past where people have accused her falsely. Whether Druv breaking their half-year long relation and taking it out on her saying it's her who is responsible for everything. It's because he didn't like her way of living or treating people though she never did anything wrong with him. It was the people around her who kept comparing her to Ahana and would every now or then taunt her. She might have not said it out aloud as to how much it hurt but it did pain somewhere deep. She didn't share because she ignored it like always but in the end, she was a human and it pained. She just didn't show it.

Aayrah's stomach growled reminding her that she hasn't eaten since evening but she held it tight. A tear left the side of her eye when she heard a ruffling sound. She wiped it as fast and sat straight thinking it might be Ahana but to her surprise, it was Shivansh with two plates in his hand. She threw a questioning look making him even more awkward than he already was. He cleared his throat and moved his gaze around as he handed a plate to Aayrah. She chuckled looking at his awkwardness and moved to the side making a seat for him. He thought for a moment but got seated anyway.

"Are you okay?" Shivansh asked being a little reluctant. Aayrah chuckled looking at him.

"What happened to me?" she asked sounding cool as always. She won't put her worries in front of anyone ever.

"Nothing," Shivansh said and shook his head slightly as he looked up in the sky, "Weren't you hungry?" Aayrah sighed looking at him.

"I was and here you are, my knight in shining armour," she said and poked him in the arm by letting out a laugh. Shivansh chuckled looking back at her.

"I don't really think you need one," he said stating the facts. Aayrah stared at him for a few moments and gave an impressive look.

"That's true," she said and held her plate high as she looked at him, "But you are pretty considerate."

"Ahana asked me to do the favour," he said correcting her. The smile on her face vanished hearing Ahana's name.

"Hmm..." She frowned a bit and sighed as she went on, "She might be feeling guilty but the queen won't come and try to mend up the things. We need to if we want to. It's like she doesn't care sometimes." She finished being in her own thoughts as she sadly chuckled. Shivansh looked at her for a few moments and moved his gaze ahead.