c h a p t e r - e i g h t e e n

Day - 13

250km, 8 hours, and the most picturesque route our squad ever witnessed. The Manali to Shimla road trip winds through the mighty Himalayas. So, every bit of this road trip is very scenic and beautiful, with the majestic mountains on one side and the lush green, deep valley on the other side of the road. The quadrat started the trip early in the morning with Chirag and Aayrah surprising other two and waking up too early in the morning. The reason being so they could get to spend more time on the road, yet they will reach Shimla before night so they won't get lost ever again.

This time Aayrah took the steering with Chirag settling on the passenger's seat as Ahana and Shivansh rested on the backseat. The shades were on, the music was loud and with that, Chirag and Aayrah's singing session was in full swing which made Shivansh and Ahana chuckle at their craziness. After driving for some 50km came a bridge across the river which led to the town of Kullu, it looked like a painting done by the almighty himself. They took everything in their memories as well as in cameras and started the further journey.

The highway ran on one side of the bridge, while on the other side, the beautiful small houses all along the opposite bank of the river which presented a scene that looked just out of a fairy tale. The road started running beside the river Beas and then continued hand-in-hand with the river. The turquoise water and gush of the river amidst the trees and the smooth rocks on the river bed produced a scene beautiful enough to inspire any artist. Aayrah looked excited as she looked out through the window through dreamy eyes. The road sure provided the perfect photographic backdrop for snaps, all through the way. What might have stopped Aayrah then? She parked the car along the bank and got out immediately. The rest of the trio shook their heads in disappointments but even they couldn't deny the fact that the road was beautiful and they could get some amazing shots for themselves. Shivansh, Ahana, and Chirag followed Aayrah out who was already standing in the mountain backdrop and was clicking selfies.

Ahana and Chirag smirked looking at each other and went running to ruin Aayrah's perfect click. She frowned and started pushing them away but they didn't leave, instead, they made her click a few goofy selfies. Shivansh captured those crazy moments into his camera and smiled looking at them. Chirag ruffled Aayrah's hair, finally leaving her alone, and got a hit in return. Shivansh joined them soon once he was done capturing the surrounding in his camera. The selfie session started again with Shivansh in the picture this time as that squad gave their happiest smiles clinging onto each other and laughing their asses out. The people passing through the road might have even made a perception about them being the maddest but who was going to stop them? 

"Let me click a few pictures with my best friend who I am going to miss a lot after these 5 days," Aayrah said making a pout and looking at Shivansh. Shivansh chuckled and shook his head. He knew he will be missing her a lot too and wished for a few more days but just in the morning he got an earful from his manager for extending his vacation holidays by another week and he can't afford to stay out or take leaves throughout the whole year now.

Chirag and Ahana gave them a teasing look while exchanging known smiles.

"He is all yours and I will happily let him shift to Mumbai," Chirag said pushing Shivansh in Aayrah's direction. Her eyes widened dramatically as she looked at Shivansh.

"I don't mind. In fact, that will be so cool, Ansh," she said clapping her hands excitedly. Shivansh rolled his eyes.

"I am good in Pune," he said with a nod. The fast lifestyle of Mumbai has always freaked him out. The people hanging out from the doors of the train and the traffic where you won't be able to move for hours made him feel sick. Besides, Pune has always been the IT hub with major companies residing there, he never felt the need to shift out.