c h a p t e r - t h r e e

Day 1 of Trip - The Start

The baggage was ready and out in the living room. Aayrah anxiously sat in Ahana's room with her glare on her older sister. Ahana was moving around and grabbing her remaining things like a toothbrush, headphones, charger, soap, shampoo, and other required things that she left for the last. She was stuffing everything in the backpack they were going to have with them for small necessary things which they will need anywhere and anytime.

Ahana looked briefly at her sister who had a glare fixed on her with the rapid and continuous tapping of her leg on the ground. She ignored it at the start but now it was getting on her nerves. She finally gave in and looked at her.

"Fine. I am sorry that I lied about the transport to Aai and Baba but they wouldn't have let us go by car. You know them," Ahana said making Aayrah understand her point. Aayrah was being mature for the first time else she was the one always keep doing these kinds of things.

"That doesn't mean you tell them that we are taking a train to Amritsar and later joining the tour group," Aayrah said adding further to this role reversal. Ahana made a terrified face hearing Aayrah's loud voice and came closer to her.

"Shhh," she said keeping a finger on her own lips and gesturing Aayrah to stay shut. Aayrah rolled her eyes and sighed as she made a disappointed face folding her hands over the chest.

"Be silent. I will tell them about us taking the car but keep quiet about the tour group. They won't allow us to roam on our own in some other state," Ahana said trying to be a rebel for the first time because she needed this break as much as Aayrah.

"Di, you are making it way too obvious. I mean they will definitely ask about the main person's number. What then?" Aayrah said.

"I am giving them Sumer's number for now. I will tell them everything once we are back. Happy?" Ahana said. Sumer was her colleague from the company who was less known to Aai and Baba and she had a hope that it might work.

"That's a stupid and pathetic idea and I am telling you now that it's going to flop on the very first day," Aayrah said and got up from her sit being irritated with her older sister's unbaked plan. She wasn't obviously used to lies and this was the first time. But Aayrah hoped she should have at least told her so they would have found some other solution but nevertheless what is done is done and she needs to handle this mess along with Ahana. After all, she is doing this for her. That's what she thought.

"I don't believe their ideal daughter is lying to them," Aayrah said.

"I had no choice," Ahana said defending herself and getting back to her work.

"Really? You could have actually booked a trip maybe?" Aayrah said without letting go of the topic.

"I don't want to go with a group," Ahana said the lamest excuse she could come up with. Aayrah stopped in her tracks and faced her sister.

"There is an option on MakeMyTrip where they plan everything for you and you don't have to be in a group," she said air quoting the group thing.

"It's safe," she said further. Ahana sighed and looked at Aayrah hopelessly.

"Will you stop lecturing me?" she asked with slight irritation.

"I don't want to go for that expensive way. You are jobless and I have already paid enough," she said crooking her eyebrows. Aayrah gave her a glare.

"Thanks for reminding though," she said moving away and out of the room.

"Anyway let's get going as it takes some 28 hours without any stop and moderate traffic to reach Amritsar," she said finally giving it up as it was too late to repair the damage so they need to go along with it.