c h a p t e r - t w e n t y o n e

Day - 16

The journey to Chandigarh was silent one with just the music filling the space between the four. Aayrah and Shivansh were resting in the back while Chirag and Ahana got settled into the front. The tension between the two was evident and Shivansh and Aayrah thought of staying away and letting them handle everything by themselves.

The road was just 4 hours long but it felt like they have been travelling through ages especially with the drastic change in weather and temperature. It was hot but still better than Mumbai's damp. This time Aayrah checked the weather before and chose her shorts and tank top along with a long shrug while Ahana kept it a little safe with jeans and long-sleeved t-shirt. Shivansh was decked up in jeans and t-shirt while Chirag chose shorts and matched it with a t-shirt.

Aayrah looked at Shivansh with a pout unable to take the silence filled surrounding. Shivansh chuckled with a shrug. She sighed and put her hair up as she tied them in a high bun showing her neck tattoo. Shivansh looked at her until Aayrah moved her gaze to meet his. He moved around his gaze rapidly being embarrassed about getting caught. Aayrah chuckled and shifted to his side as she grabbed his arm and pulled him closer and kept her head on his shoulder. Shivansh smiled adjusting to her level and she happily closed her eyes for a few moments.

"Can we just take a bus or something?" Aayrah asked getting up again and sitting straight in her seat.

"I guess that would be better," Shivansh said eyeing Chirag. Chirag gave Shivansh a look from the rare front mirror.

"Yes of course. Now, why would you two need us, right?" Chirag shouted.

"Exactly," Ahana said. Shivansh and Aayrah rolled eyes.

"Guys, no need to get offended as we were talking about the disturbing silence," Aayrah said.

"Tell me one thing, you two," Chirag spoke again tilting his head slightly but keeping his eyes fixed on the road as he was driving.

"Is this going to continue in Mumbai or Pune too?" He asked further making Ahana frown.

"Why are you being so negative?" Ahana shouted at him. Chirag sighed.

"I'm not being negative, Ahana. I'm just asking a simple question to them," he said.

"I don't know," Aayrah said with a shrug. Chirag and Ahana exchanged a look.

"We will see how it goes when we part ways," Shivansh said.

"Until then, Chirag..." Aayrah said pressing a smile, "Just let us be." Chirag rolled his eyes. Shivansh and Ahana just chuckled.

"Fine," Chirag said glaring Shivansh again from the mirror, "Dude, you got lucky,"

"Not necessarily," Ahana said taking Shivansh's side as he smiled. Chirag rolled his eyes.

"Chirag," Shivansh shouted taking him off guard. The rest of the three gave him looks as he continued, "Are you sure that you are going the correct way?" Chirag rolled his eyes while Ahana chuckled. Aayrah shook her head with disappointment.

"I don't trust you," Shivansh said again.

"Enjoy your time with this beautiful lady and shut your mouth," Chirag shouted at him.

"Shut up, Chirag," Aayrah shouted as Ahana glared at Chirag.

"Oh okay, Madam," Chirag said with a smirk. Aayrah rolled her eyes and looked at Shivansh.

"By the way, Egghead," she said and Shivansh chuckled.

"Yes, loudmouth?" He asked. Chirag made a disgusted face as Ahana started laughing along with Shivansh and Aayrah.