c h a p t e r - t h i r t y

The atmosphere at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport in Mumbai was a little heavy as Chirag unloaded the bags with help of Shivansh and kept it on the trolley

The atmosphere at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport in Mumbai was a little heavy as Chirag unloaded the bags with help of Shivansh and kept it on the trolley. Both the boys walked towards the side where the girls were standing. The silence felt the air and soon started becoming uncomfortable for Chirag. He moved to Shivansh and thought of breaking it.

"Dude, what's wrong with you?" Chirag asked looking at the fallen face of his best friend, "I will be coming in just two years and now you won't be alone too like before." He finished in an attempt to cheer up the mood.

"Hmm... I am not sad," Shivansh said shaking his head and as always not accepting the fact. Aayrah sighed while looking hopelessly at Shivansh.

"Don't lie, Egghead. We can see it on your face," She said rolling her eyes. 

"What's so tough with you boys to accept your true emotions? Say you will miss him," She asked again with annoyance. Ahana smiled but agreed with a nod. Shivansh sighed and looked at Chirag who was smirking at him after hearing Aayrah.

"Just come back soon. Baba will miss you," Shivansh said. Aayrah glared at him and shook her head again. Ahana and Chirag let out a laugh looking at the awkward face of Shivansh.

"Baba will miss me?" Chirag asked while raising his eyebrows.

"Me too as there won't be anyone to bug me constantly," Shivansh finally said. Chirag chuckled.

"You said she bugs you too?" he said as Shivansh glared at him for speaking the lie. Aayrah frowned and hit Shivansh. 

"I didn't say that," Shivansh said and smiled, "But it's true." Aayrah rolled her eyes hearing him and moved her unpleasant gaze away from him. Shivansh sighed and looked at Chirag again. 

"Chirag, I didn't say this but thank you for being with someone as boring as me," he said truthfully. He knew it very well that he was going to feel alone for some time at least. Chirag was that friend who came along unexpectedly and stayed without expectations. He understood Shivansh even better than he did himself. 

"Welcome ha," Chirag said while rolling his eyes as hit gently on Shivansh's head, "Sale, since when did you start with those formalities?" Shivansh chuckled and rubbed his head. Aayrah and Ahana looked at them with adoration.

"And you are cooler than most. But more than that..." Chirag said and sighed before speaking again, "You have a clear and pure heart which doesn't understand the stratagem of others or maybe just forgive them too easily."

"That's why I always felt the need to defend you and be with you but..." he said and looked at Aayrah to the side as he spoke again, "Now I have passed it on to a more reliable person."