c h a p t e r - t w e n t y f i ve

Place - Pune

The Pune station was as always crowded even when Aayrah took an early morning train. Aai asked her to take the bus but she has liked the train journeys more as she found them more comforting. Besides it takes less time to reach Pune. Also, she was broke so the low fair was convincing. This time, surprising everyone Ahana took her little sister's side when Aai was worrying about the train journey and Aayrah's security. But Ahana made Aai and Baba understood her views. Aayrah wasn't a small girl anymore but parents and especially mothers are just like that. Extra caring. Always!

Aayrah looked around the platform and searched for her way out. She did tell Prajakta about her arrival today but her appointment was set for the afternoon anyway. The weekend was coming along with the month-end so the rush at the monthly local magazine was high. Prajakta offered her to come directly to the office and take a stroll but her mind was somewhere else. She wanted to meet Shivansh first. She already put his company location in Google maps and checked the distance which was too much but she was willing to go and meet him. Just to surprise him. She just hoped he will be happy seeing her. Her small ponytail moved, showing her blue highlights. She rubbed her temples and made her way out after checking out the large boards hung everywhere. 

The autos were already waiting for her but she does have experienced the rickshaw wallas here. They don't go where you want to go but will let you sit in their rickshaw only if they want to go there. 

"Bhaiya, Hinjewadi la janar ka?" she asked bending down inside the rickshaw to look at the driver. He made a pained face which was expected by her. Puneri people and their attitude, she thought.

"Lamb aahe, Madam. 20 Rs extra honar," He said. She nodded. It's better to grab this auto than to fight with this adamant person. So she agreed readily.

"Ha chala," she said and got seated inside the auto while taking out her backpack and putting it to the side.

"Hinjewadi madhe kuthe, Tai?" he asked while starting the rickshaw. 

"Calsoft company. In phase 1," she said and looked into her mobile thinking of calling Aai to tell her that she reached and about her plans ahead.

"Ha," Rickshaw walla said and pulled the gears.

💫💫💫💫

The early morning heavy traffic of Pune made Aayrah irk already. She wrapped her white scarf around her face and looked out at the bikes and cars those were in a hurry to reach their workplaces. She sighed when she saw the board of Hijewadi finally but groaned seeing the packed traffic ahead.

"It's always like this, especially in the morning and evening. It's the company area. Still, I am glad you are going in phase 1," Rickshaw walla started talking. Aayrah just nodded her head without paying much attention. She wasn't new to Pune and knew everything about this city as she has been coming here ever since her childhood. 

"Why? You would have gotten more fare if it was in phase 3," She asked while getting bored. The rickshaw walla started laughing hearing her. 

"Yes, but I will get more rides at the same time," he said making her smile with his answer. 

"Hmm..."

"You are from Mumbai?" he asked. Aayrah nodded when he made a turn inside the phase 1 area. A wide smile formed on her face but got hidden inside her scarf. 

"Yes," she said and spotted Calsoft when Rickshaw made a turn in lane. 

"Aali Calsoft," Rickshaw walla said and stopped at the big gate. She smiled and looked in the meter. She took out the money and handed him as he nodded being content with what she handed him.