c h a p t e r - t w e n t y s e v e n

Place - Pune

Aayrah got adjusted in Prajakta's small room and in her new workplace within a couple of days. She would roam around the city in the evening and at night with her newfound friends but she was looking forward to meeting Shivansh and Chirag today. Prajakta was good but she has always found her a little nosy and this wasn't anything different as well so she deliberately asked people around in her office about places to stay but in cheap accommodation. She got a few options that she was going to try out but she needed Shivansh and his bike for the same. He was busy with his work and it was taking him a 12-13 hours shift to get home and later she didn't feel right to get him out of his house again after hearing his tiring voice.

Chirag was leaving on Sunday night which made her feel bad but she was happy for this new opportunity that he was getting. She did call Ahana and asked to join them for a farewell party and she agreed immediately. It would be just four of them while Shivansh and Chirag's common friends were going to make an appearance in the morning to give their farewell at the same place they would usually get together. Ahana took the first bus which she got after working hours were over on. The bus wasn't crowded as it was a Wednesday night. It was already past 7 and it would take her around 11 in the night to reach Pune. She messaged Aayrah about the same and she got an immediate reply from Aayrah saying she will be coming to pick her up. Ahana refused it but Aayrah was persistent. The journey on the long highway went by fast with Bus taking just one stop at Lonavala which felt like ages were passed since she was at one single spot. The air got changed from warmer to colder as Pune neared.

Ahana peeked out of the window and smiled at Aayrah and Shivansh who were waiting for her at the opening of the SNDT bridge. She got out of the bus while taking her small bag and approached the duo. The bus moved away getting itself on the bridge.

"Di," Aayrah ran towards her older sibling with happiness and gave Ahana a warm tight hug. Ahana and Shivansh chuckled looking at her. Ahana threw her bag on the ground and returned the affection her sister showed by putting her arms back around her. Shivansh took Ahana's bag from the ground and put it on his bike.

"Aaru, I missed you and your ever so loud voice echoing in home and our room," Ahana said dramatically pulling Aayrah's cheeks. Aayrah frowned and pulled Ahana's cheek.

"Aw, Di," she said making a dramatic face. Both the sisters looked at each other for some time and burst into laughter at their own stupidity. Shivansh shook his head looking at them with a small smile. It was late in the night so there weren't many people around but it still felt safer to be in Pune.

"Are you two done?" Shivansh asked and took a mobile out from his trouser's pocket, "Should I book a cab?"

"Sorry, the car was already taken by Aai-Baba. She told me in the evening about you coming," he said further showing a guilty face. Aayrah shook her head with disappointment. He had been telling her the same thing for some time now and she was already tired of making him understand about it. Ahana chuckled and moved towards him.

"Relax. It's totally fine. I wouldn't have been happy if they had to take a cab because of me," she said. Shivansh just gave a small smile.

"Shivansh, how have you been?" Ahana asked dramatically putting her hands up in the air. Shivansh chuckled and hugged her back.

"I am great and we met just a few days ago," he said reminding her. She chuckled again while pulling away.

"Yes but I still missed you two. Should I shift here too?" she asked raising her eyebrows playfully. Shivansh shrugged and before he could speak Aayrah intertwined.