c h a p t e r - f o u r

Day - 2

It was raining when Aayrah and Ahana reached Amritsar on Sunday evening after taking numerous halts in between Mumbai and Amritsar. Ahana refrained from letting Aayrah drive considering her wild skills and took the charge by herself. They rested for the night in a small hotel which came in the way to Dalhousie and now after having breakfast and feeling fresh they start again the journey to the next stop. That is Dalhousie!

It is a four-hour route but Aayrah and Ahana are well aware that it will take them double to reach and they had no problem as the destination wasn't in their mind but this road felt more beautiful. The luggage was resting in the trunk of their small car while Aayrah's extra luggage according to Ahana that is her guitar took the backseat occupying the whole space. The heat and moisture were too much making them sweat like pig and they just hoped they reach Himachal soon. Aaryah was wearing shorts and a t-shirt with a jacket over it. She never thought about the future and rather focused on the current moment so even after getting tons of warnings about the coldness of Himalaya, Aayrah settled in her shorts. She held her fancy blue stranded hair high and tied them in a bun letting her neck tattoo visible. She had three of them. One on her neck, one on wrist and final on the right side of her body just below the breast. All of them with some meaning like how she loved them while Ahana hated the concept of getting tattooed or dyeing hair with different colours.

Aayrah put the glares on as she yawned opening her mouth full and making a loud sound. Ahana gave a look to her little sister and her disgusting behaviour.

"Gross," she said making Aayrah rolled her eyes who was sleep-deprived even after going to bed around 10 and waking up after ten hours.

Aayrah moved her gaze out of the window to see men and women working in the fields. The trees surrounded the road every now and then as the Sun peeked from the leaves making her chuckle. She felt free in nature as she was tired of the traffic and city life of Mumbai. Aayrah held her camera and clicked a few photos on the way asking Ahana to slow down the car. They exchanged the seats in between the small break where they roamed around and clicked a few pictures. Aaryah started putting the stories on Instagram and got tons of replies for the same.

They knew Himachal is not long away when the mountains came into view making them smile wider. There is something about the mountains that always attracted those two souls who were different from each other but mountains bounded them closer. There was a calmness, a stillness about them which made the love deeper. The hoarding read that Dalhousie was still some 60KM away and they needed to fill their empty stomachs as it was already past noon and they were craving food.

Aayrah slowed down the car when a Dhaba came into their view. She looked at Ahana to get some signal if she should stop or they can go further to search for the next one. But Ahana agreed to stop at this as it looked decent with a few cars already parked outside. Aayrah parked the car and got out quickly as she started fanning herself with the sudden change in her surrounding from 18 degrees of the car to some 40 degrees of outside.

"I can feel the mountains but why the fuck is it so hot?" Aayrah said getting frustrated with temperature. Though she was very well used to be in hot considering she lived her life in Mumbai but still, it irritated her.

"Those are still away," Ahana said making her way inside. A guy gave them a smile politely and asked them to grab a seat. She smiled back and looked at Aayrah who was following her.

"60 is not a long-distance," she said with irritation. Ahana chose the place which was closer to the table fan.

"Sorry but I don't handle the weather change," she said making a duh face. Aayrah rolled her eyes getting seated in front of her on charpai.