Ch. 30

The time has come, today is Big's funeral.

This is the kind of thing that nobody wants to go to or be a part of, but everyone goes because they loved Big and he was a huge part of their lives.

Rob is still recovering from his injuries, but he is slowly getting better day by day.

Chanel is fixing up her daughter's hair while Rob is helping little Matthew pick out a nice outfit to wear.

"Can you braid my hair and put a flower in it?" Larissa asked her mother while they sat on Chanel's bed together.

        "Yeah sure of course I can do that for you" said Chanel while brushing out Larissa's hair.

"I want to look nice for uncle Big when we go to see him at the funeral" said Larissa.

 Over at Drama and Caite's, Drama is helping his son Jace comb his hair and dress him up in a nice outfit.

        "Where are we goin' today daddy?" little Jace asked his dad.

"We're going to see Big, you remember Big don't you? The one who bought you dairy queen the other day?" said Drama.

        "Yeah I remember him!" says Jace excitedly.

  "Well we're going to see him today" said Drama.

        "Yay" says Jace.

Drama wasn't planning on tellling his four year old son about going to a funeral, because Jace wouldn't understand and also it would only upset him.

Back at the Dyrdek house, Chanel hands her daughter a mirror and has her look in the bathroom mirror at the same time so she can see the back of her hair.

    "Thanks mommy, you did a good job. I like it, it's beautiful" said Larissa.

Chanel smiles and throws her arms around Larissa and hugs her.

        "You're welcome" said Chanel.

"What's going on in here?" said Rob.

        "Yeah what's going on in here?" Matthew put his hands on his hips and copied his dad.

Chanel laughs beause of Matthew,  "I was just doing Larissa's hair for the funeral".

        "Yeah and didn't she do such a good job daddy?" said Larissa showing Rob her hair.

"She did" said Rob enthusiastically while then throwing his arms around her and hugging her.

    "My little cutie pie" said Rob while hugging Larissa and kissing her on the cheek.

"So are we all ready?" Chanel asks.

        "Yep, we're ready to go so let's go" said Rob.

At the funeral, everyone is there. Big's family, Rob's parents, Drama, Caite and Jace, Big Cat, Sterling, Rob, Chanel and the kids, and even some of Big's other friends.

Everyone is seated by families and of course Big's family is up front while everyone else has to sit behind them in the "friends/visitors" section.

The preacher comes up and tells everybody that he wants them to start off with a song, which happens to be amazing grace.

Afterwards, he has everyone sit back down so he can say a few words about Big.

"Christopher Big Black Boykin was a good man. He was so kind and he had such a great sense of humor. Everyone here that came in support of him knows what I'm talking about, he knew how to make us laugh" said the preacher.

Then the preacher goes on into the funeral speech where he tells all about the family and who has died before him and who is still living.

After that, he allows people to get up and say a few words about Big if they wanted to.

First it's Sterling, then Drama, Chanel and even awkward Big Cat that goes up and says a few words about their good friend Big.

 It's Rob that says the most touching words when he comes up last to talk about his best friend Big.

"I would like to say a few words,' Rob started off, "Christopher Big Black Boykin was not only a friend to me, he was like my big brother. We have done some crazy things in our past together, we broke a lot of records from the guiness world records back in our Rob and Big days. We made Drama clean up after our horse mini horse. We also even had great times just riding in the car together and talking about different things. Sadly, this all had to end after we had our last car ride together a week ago."

Rob tries not to cry before finishing his speech, but it's too late when the tears begin pouring out. Hardly anyone has ever seen Rob actually cry before.

"I wish it didn't have to be this way," Rob said while still crying and the tears keep running down his face, "I'm so sorry that this had to happen. Big didn't deserve this. If anything it should've been me that lost their life and not Big, he deserves to live and be here much more than I do because he was such a great person and friend to all of us"

"I'm sorry" Rob said while wiping the tears away and walking back to his seat to sit down.

Chanel puts her arm around Rob and hugs him while Patty, Gene, Denise, Denise's husband and the rest of the factory crew members come up to hug him and comfort him.

The preacher ends the service with a few scriptures from the bible and a prayer and then everyone gets up row by row to hug the family while they go up to see Big laying there all peaceful in his casket.

When Chanel and Matthew go up there, Matthew stands right in front of the casket and just stares at Big.

He couldn't even say a word, all he could do is cry. He cries so hard and the tears just keep coming and coming. This is the hardest Matthew has ever cried.

Tears stream down Chanel's face as she puts her arms around Matthew and holds him tight while trying to comfort him.

Rob walks off to the side with Chanel and Matthew while Larissa gets up and goes to see Big in his casket.

She stares at him for a second before taking the flower that was in her hair out and placing it in the casket with Big.

"There you go Uncle Big, now you can always remember me" she said in her sweet voice of hers.

Rob comes up behind her and gently puts a hand on her shoulder.

She turns around, looks up at her dad and just smiles.