Ch.11

The next day, Rob calls in another group meeting to discuss what's going on with the baby.

Everyone gathers in Rob's office.

"Alright guys, I've got some serious news to talk about with all of you today." said Rob.

"What's going on?" Drama asked.

"It's about the baby. The day Chanel fell down the front steps I took her to the hospital and the doctor told us that the baby may be dying because of a direct hit to her stomach. We also found out that the baby is a boy." said Rob.

"Oh my god. Rob man, I'm so sorry." said Sterling.

"It's okay. I just hope and pray that he makes it. Even though he could be dying, Chanel and I thought of some names last night on what we wanted to name him. We liked the name Matthew Robert the best." said Rob.

"Why the middle name Robert?" asked Drama.

"Chanel wanted to sortof name him after me. So we put my name as his middle name." said Rob.

"Oh well anyways yeah I'm really sorry about your baby. I hope he makes it, too." said Drama.

"It's alright. I gotta think positive so I believe he will make it." said Rob.

"Glad you took my advice Rob." said Big.

"Yeah I did. Thanks for helping me out." said Rob.

"No need to thank me, I'm just doing my job being a good friend that's all." said Big.

Rob cracks a little smile and ends the meeting.

Not long after everyone is out of the room, Rob gets a phone call.

"Hello?" Rob answered.

"Rob, this is Dr.Reeves. Is Chanel with you? I need to talk to the both of you. It's important." said Dr. Reeves.

"Yeah hold on please." said Rob as he called Chanel on the office phone.

"Chanel come in my office please. Dr. Reeves is on the phone." said Rob.

"Alright. I'll be there in a second. Bye" said Chanel.

Chanel comes in a minute later.

"Alright Dr. Reeves she's here. I'll put you on speakerphone." said Rob pressing the little speakerphone button on his I-Phone 5.

"Okay I need to talk to you both about something concerning the baby. Can you hear me?" said Dr. Reeves.

"Yeah we can hear you." said Rob.

"Okay well I did some more research and looked back at the ultrasound and I think I made a little mistake. Your son may not be dying after all. But I want to see if you could come in today and do another ultrasound to check things out. Is that okay?" said Dr. Reeves.

"Yes that's okay. Do you want us to come now?" said Rob.

"Well if you can. If you can't make it then that's okay." said Dr. Reeves.

"We have time. We'll be over there in a little bit." said Rob.

"Okay see you guys in a few minutes. Goodbye." said Dr. Reeves.

"Bye." said Rob.

Rob hangs up and grabs the car keys that is sitting on his desk.

"You ready?" he asked Chanel.

"Yeah." said Chanel.

Rob kisses her and they head out to the car.

"We'll pick up Larissa from Caite's house after this is over. Is that alright?" said Rob as he got in the driver's seat.

"Yeah that's fine." said Chanel.

When they arrive at the hospital, the lady at the front counter tells them to go ahead to the back room to see Dr. Reeves.

"Hello. Come on in." said Dr. Reeves welcoming them in to the hospital room.

"Hi." said Chanel as she sits down on the hospital bed and Rob sits down on one of the chairs.

"Are you ready to have another ultrasound?" asked Dr. Reeves.

"Yeah I guess. I just hope the baby's okay." said Chanel.

"Well I think there's hope for him. We'll have to see." said Dr. Reeves.

"Yeah" said Chanel.

"Okay Chanel I need you to lay down and lift your shirt for me please." said Dr. Reeves.

Chanel lays down and lifts her shirt as Dr. Reeves puts the cold jelly substance on her belly.

"Okay let's see how he's doing." said Dr. Reeves.

Looking up at the screen, their eyes couldn't believe what they were seeing.

"Oh my goodness would ya look at that. He's moving! I really did make a mistake." said Dr. Reeves.

"Oh wow." said Chanel as she smiled and continued to look at the screen.

"My son is alive. I can't believe it." said Rob as he smiled.

"And from the looks of it he's grown quite a bit from the last ultrasound. He is alive and well as could be." said Dr. Reeves.

Tears of joy started to flow out of Chanel's eyes.

"Okay I guess I was wrong. I'm sorry about that guys." said Dr. Reeves as she put the ultrasound equipment away.

Chanel sits back up and puts her shirt down.

"It's okay. We all make mistakes." said Rob.

"I know. But anyways, I'm printing off pictures of the ultrasound you just took. Do you guys want them?" said Dr. Reeves.

"Yeah that'll be great. Thanks." said Chanel.

"No problem. I'll go see if they printed off, hold on." said Dr. Reeves as she left the room.

She comes back a few minutes later and hands them a bundle of a few pictures.

"Here you go." said Dr. Reeves handing the pictures to Rob.

"Thank you so much Dr. Reeves." said Chanel.

"Oh you're welcome. You guys take care, alright?" said Dr. Reeves.

"Okay we will. Bye." said Rob as they walk out together.

Rob turns to Chanel and they hug each other tightly

"He's gonna be okay! Thank you god! Thank you so much!" said Rob as he looked up at the ceiling.

Chanel smiles and cries more tears of joy.

Rob smiles at Chanel and kisses her lips again.

"C'mon let's go get Larissa and head on home." said Rob as he put his arm around Chanel and they walk out together.

Everyone else at the fantasy factory is wondering "Where the heck is Rob and Chanel?".