Ch. 33

Later that day after discussing ideas of a name for the skate park, Rob makes some phone calls to recruit some guys to help him with the construction of the park.

The man he calls first has helped him fund and build several of his skate parks and he was shown on an episode of Fantasy Factory when the crew dressed up like him during the Mardi Gras parade, and his name is Joe C.

"Hello??" Joe C answers.

"Hey Joe, it's me Rob Dyrdek" says Rob.

"Oh Rob, hey man how's it goin'?" Joe C quickly recognizes and remembers Rob.

"Well I don't know if you know this but recently Big Black passed away in a car accident and the rest of us at the fantasy factory came up with this idea of making a skate park in honor of Big" says Rob.

"Oh I'm so sorry for your loss of Big. I do remember him well. That man was something else and he knew how to make anyone laugh" says Joe C.

"Yeah he really did. I miss him everyday. But anyways, I wanted to ask for your help" says Rob.

"Okay sure thing I can help you, and what are you wanting to name the park?" Joe C asks.

"Well we all decided on the idea of calling it the Boykin Memorial Park and underneath the slogan will say in quotation marks, make it big" says Rob.

"Okay sounds good. How soon are you wanting this built?" Joe C asks.

"We were going to start on it right away and hopefully within a few weeks we will have it done" says Rob.

"Okay well I can bring some of my guys to come out and help and then you said that you're bringing Chanel and everyone else, right?" says Joe C.

"Yeah it'll be me, my wife Chanel, Big Cat, Drama, Sterling and I'm going to call some other people to come and help" says Rob.

"Okay good deal. I will talk to the city hall, get the okay from them and hopefully we can get things started and moving forward" says Joe C.

"Okay, awesome. Thank you so much Joe C" says Rob.

"No problem Rob. I'll see you later today. Bye" says Joe C.

"Bye" Rob hangs up the phone and he calls some of his other buddies that are in construction and can come out and help.

Only a few agreed to help. The others said they had vacation plans and couldn't make it.

Rob walks into the bedroom where Chanel and the kids are sitting, playing the card game Uno.

He sits down on the bed with him.

"Hi daddy, we're playing uno" says Matthew.

"Yeah it's fun. You should play with us daddy" says Larissa.

"I will I just need to tell your mom something" says Rob.

Chanel puts her cards down, "Did you find anybody to help with the construction?".

"Yeah I did actually, I called Joe C first and then got a few of my friends to come and help, too" says Rob.

"Joe C? I haven't seen that guy in years. So what did he say? said Chanel.

"Well he said he will talk to the city hall first to get permission and then he will meet us somewhere and we'll pick a location and start building today" says Rob.

"Mommy are we gonna finish our game?" Matthew asks.

"In a second, hang on. So you're saying we can work on it today?" says Chanel.