Ch.9

4 months later--

It's a normal day at the fantasy factory and everyone is doing their jobs.

Rob took Larissa with him and let her play around in his office, except whenever she would try to get into things that she isn't supposed to mess with he would pull her arm away from it.

Whenever it was time to close up and leave, Chanel and Rob followed each other out of the front door.

As soon as she locked the doors, she loses her balance coming down the stairs and falls on her stomach.

"Chanel!" Rob yelled as he quickly ran to her and picked her up by the arm.

Chanel holds on to her stomach, grumbling in pain.

"We need to get you to the hospital!" exclaimed Rob as he walked Chanel to the passenger side of the car and she sat down.

Rob gets Larissa situated in her car seat, and he gets in the drivers seat and drives off.

Arriving at the hospital, Rob carries Larissa with one arm, while guiding Chanel to the door with the other arm.

Rob tells the lady at the counter what the situation was, and asks to see Dr.Reeves.

"She will see you in a few minutes." said the lady at the counter.

They wait and wait and finally the nurse comes out and tells them Dr.Reeves is ready to see them.

"Can I take my daughter in with me?" Rob asked the nurse.

"Yes of course." The nurse replied.

"Okay thanks." said Rob.

They walk in and sit down to talk to Dr.Reeves about what had happened.

"So what are you here to see me for?" Dr. Reeves sled Chanel.

"Well I lost my balance earlier after work and I fell down the stairs onto my stomach." said Chanel.

"Okay, and you're concerned about the baby right?" asked Dr. Reeves.

"Yes. I was wondering if I can maybe get an ultrasound to see if everything is okay. I needed to get an appointment anyways to find out what we are having." said Chanel.

"Okay we can do that for you. Just lay down and I'll set up my equipment here." said Dr. Reeves as she got the ultrasound system up and running.

She tells Chanel to lift her shirt up just a little and she puts that cold jelly-like substance on Chanel's belly.

Chanel and Rob keep their eyes focused on the screen, and Dr. Reeves checks to see the gender of the baby first.

She checks out everything else also.

Dr. Reeves begins to have a disappointed look on her face.

"Is everything okay?" Chanel asked.

"Well it is a definite that you're having a little boy, but for some reason he's not moving much at all and that isn't a very good sign." said Dr. Reeves.

"What?!" said Rob shockingly.

"I believe the impact to your stomach could have caused a problem. I'm so sorry but your baby is dying. It may not be long before a miscarriage could occur. I'm really sorry about that." said Dr. Reeves.

Tears begin to form in Chanel's eyes.

Rob holds tightly onto Larissa as disappointment shows on his face.

"Well thank you for doing this Dr. Reeves. I think I'm going to go home and rest now." said Chanel.

"No problem. Try to come back in a few days and we'll see how things are going. I may be wrong so I want to double check again to be sure." said Dr. Reeves.

"Okay I'll call in and make an appointment then." said Chanel.

"I'm really sorry about this Chanel. I hope things get better for you and Rob." said Dr. Reeves.

"It's okay. I just need some rest." said Chanel.

"Okay. If you need anything just call the office here okay?" said Dr. Reeves.

"I will. Have a nice day." said Chanel.

"You too." said Dr. Reeves.

Rob carries Larissa out of the room, and Chanel follows them out.

Rob puts her down and hugs Chanel tightly.

They both start to cry with Chanel crying harder than Rob.

Larissa hugs Chanel's leg.

They let go of each other, and Chanel wipes away her tears.

"It's going to be okay babe. We're going to get through this." Rob reassured Chanel.

"I can't believe our baby is dying. Rob I just don't know what to do." said Chanel.

"You don't know that. Doctors aren't always right. I'm trying to see the positive side of this." said Rob.

"Did you not just hear Dr. Reeves? She said the baby is dying. He may not make it." said Chanel.

"I heard her. I just..I don't know. Lets just go home and get some rest." said Rob picking up Larissa and carrying her out with Chanel walking beside them.

They arrive home safely, and get dressed.

They relax and rest for the rest of the day.