Ch. 29

Chanel gets the kids ready and in their seats while Patty and Gene grab their things and get in the car along with them. 

Patty sits in the back between Larissa and Matthew while Gene sits up front in the passenger seat with Chanel who is driving.

Matthew is so tired he can hardly hold his head up.

Larissa has the Ipad this time and is sitting in her car seat playing some girly cartoon game that involves giving makeovers to characters and dressing them up.

Patty  and Gene keep the kids company while Chanel mainly focuses on driving and getting to the hospital to pick up Rob.

About halfway there, Matthew ends up falling asleep while Larissa keeps playing on the Ipad and talking to Patty.

"Matthew wake up, come on we gotta go in so we can see your daddy" said Chanel while gently shaking him.

Matthew wipes his eyes while Chanel helps him out of the car.

As soon as they all walk in, they're greeted by one of the nurses.

"Hi can I help you?" the nurse asked kindly.

        "We're just here to see my husband, he's being released from here to go home" said Chanel.

"Okay and what is his name?" the nurse asked.

        "Rob Dyrdek" said Chanel.

"Okay he's back here, c'mon I'll take you to him" said the nurse leading the way.

The nurse leads them in to his room and leaves.

Chanel sits down in a chair beside Rob's bed while Matthew sits on her lap and Larissa stands beside Patty on the other side.

"Hey babe" Rob said as he sat up and smiled.

        "Hey how are you feeling?" Chanel asked.

"Better, I'm just ready to come home so I can spend time with you guys" said Rob.

        "Well I don't think the doctors will let you do anything besides resting after they release you" said Chanel.

"Oh don't worry about me babe, I'll be fine. I feel rested enough already and besides, you can't keep a good man down" said Rob.

Chanel chuckles and kisses Rob, "You're a strong person Rob, I think you will be alright".

Matthew cringes at the sight of  his parents kissing and says "eww".

Chanel and Rob laugh and smile at their son.

"What? You don't like seeing us kiss. C'mon man you've seen us do it before" said Rob.

        "nuh-uh" said Matthew shaking his head.

"Yeah-huh" said Rob teasing him back.

   They did that over and over a few times teasing each other before Matthew stuck his tounge out and put his hands on his hips.

Rob laughs, "Alright bud, you win".

Rob looks over as  his daughter throws her little arms around his neck and says "Daddy!" excitedly.

"Hey sweetheart, how's my little girl? Did you help take care of your mom while I was gone?" said Rob hugging her tightly and smiling at her.

        "Yep I sure did" said Larissa while giving a quick nod.

"Good" said Rob smiling at her again.

The nurse pops in to let everyone know that Rob is ready to be released and he can go home now.

Patty and Gene help him out of the bed and walk with him down the hall while Chanel helps get Rob's things from the hospital room and walks with the kids way behind them.

Gene helps Rob in the car while Chanel puts Rob's hospital things in the trunk and gets in the drivers seat.

Patty helps get Matthew and Larissa in their car seats before sitting in the back with them and Gene.

Patty and Gene talk with Rob while Larissa plays on her Ipad and Matthew sleeps again.

When they get home, Gene helps Rob out of the car and inside while Patty helps with the kids.

"I'm finally home" said Rob while sitting down on the couch with Matthew and Larissa.