The Alliance- Chapter 18

The Alliance Chapter 18

“Now wait a minute Ezra, there  are procedures to take place now that Alistair’s no longer with us we need to elect the fifth Elder.” The voice of Fatima Lafleur who was also one of the Elders and she was always one of Alistair’s favourite. He always said how fair and kind hearted she was. I sat there still in silence from the shock of everything, I could care less what happened to them now that my father was dead.

Roland Frontenac  came over in my direction and placed his arm around my shoulder.

“It wasn’t your fault this happened dear, the culprits will be held accountable.” Roland attempted to smile. Roland was by far Alistair’s most loyal Alliance member and forth Elder.

“I doubt that.” I muttered still in a dazed expression.

“Why do you say that?” Roland turned to face me as I slipped out the note Emil had given me and placed it to Roland.

After he unfolded the note and took a closer look at his , his eyes hardened. “Who was this from?”

I shrugged looking over at Ezra and laughed “ Emil Dancy.”

The irony behind the one working on the dark side was our own Elder’s son. I mean I personally wouldn’t put it past Ezra anyways. Like that saying “Like Father Like Son.” I didn’t know Emil other than briefly encountering him but I knew Ezra and from what I did know he was dodgy to say the least. Roland held up the note and walked over to talk to Fatima and the other Elder member Ginette Proulx. Clearly discussing the letter and Ezra being left out of the loop did not seem impressed. He walzed over towards them and folded his arms looking less than impressed.

“My friends, if we are having a discussion I strongly believe I should be apart of this discussion.”

Fatima stopped speaking and turned her gaze towards Ezra. “ It seems your son Emil provided the means for the werewolves and Dark ones to enter the Safe House.”

Ezra’s face remained blank and expressionless as he spoke nonchalantly. “ Do you honestly believe that girl who just burnt down the entire Safe House had nothing to do with this?” His gaze fell on me but I didn’t have the energy to argue.

Ambrose pushed his way forwards. “I believe without a second thought that Trinity had absolutely nothing to do with this.”

Dalton stepped up behind Ambrose. “ Naturally Ezra you’d try to place the blame on the person you find most threatening. Start believing your son is the traitor because, I for one saw him pass her that note during the tournament.”His voice was serious with that ‘Don’t mess with me’ attitude that I saw when I first met him.

Balthazar came up pulling out a tin with a sealed scripture. “ Alistair had me draw him up some arrangements in the event of his departure.” Balthazar cleared his throat before continuing.

“ I , Alistair Fairchild in the event of my passing leave all my belongings to my daughter Trinity Sage. There will be no election to fill my spot I strongly urge that Trinity take my spot on the council when she reaches the age of 21.Under the circumstances, if  Trinity refuses the seat or is not of age I conscent for Ambrose Balfour or someone of his choosing to seat on the council. As for the head of the Elders ,Roland Frontenac will continue where I left off. Respectfully yours, Alistair.”

I didn’t listen to anything after the words “to my daughter Trinity”, I felt my heart ache for the second time in my life. I thought fighting was pointless because I had no one to fight for and here I stand after losing more people that I’ve grown to love. Balthazar handed me an envelope that I immediately slipped into my back pocket, I was not ready to have his last words be final.