Epilogue

“A witch doctor? Are you being serious right now? Then what?- We’ll find some voodoo practising, old school magician and he’ll make me all better?” I stifled a laugh before putting out a cigarette before boarding a private jet.

“Stop complaining. Don’t you have anything better to do with yourself?” Balthazar looked back giving me a look that screamed ‘ be grateful before I get annoyed enough to leave’.

“If I did then I wouldn’t be here, now would I?” I rolled my eyes before taking a window seat near the back.

There was a small refrigerator and curiosity led me to open it, I completely forgot about human food but found myself not having a single craving for it. Balthazar laughed as I pulled out a piece of cake.

“It will make you sick.” Balthazar added before pointing to the bottom drawer in the fridge.

“You don’t know that for sure. Remember I’m more powerful than you, I could probably tolerate it.”

I spoke way too soon as I grabbed a fork and placed a piece of the chocolate cake with icing into my mouth. Chewing it was an absolutely disgusting feeling, I felt Balthazar’s criticizing eyes on me and I wanted to spit it out but then he’d say ‘I told you so’ and he was already annoying as it was. I forced myself to swallow the piece and then gloated towards Balthazar.

“Piece of cake.” I let out a laugh.

“And how did it taste?” Balthazar raised an eyebrow towards me.

I looked away feeling left with disappointment. I remembered when I could inhale food and there was nothing in life better than that. Now the best food in the world tasted like dry mud.

“ Mushy, bland mud-  but I ate it and I’m not sick.”  I opened the bottom drawer to find sachets of blood, laying there. It didn’t look the least bit appetizing but then again my senses were still playing tricks on me.

I sighed before going to open the blood bag when suddenly my stomach turned queasy  almost instantly. I felt my stomach groan in pain that made me stand up before trying to find a washroom. However, the movement alone made the bile rise unexpectedly fast causing me to throw up a black, tar-like substance onto the carpeted floor of the jet.

Balthazar laughed. “At least you won’t prove to be boring.”

As I wiped my mouth clean, I snatched the blood bag off of the side table and brought it to my lips. It was a bit disgusting to feel the cold blood in my mouth, until I swallowed it than it became sweeter than the taste of sugar. It was fulfilling- at least until the co-pilot who had walked past me to cleanup the mess I had made.

He was avoiding my gaze and his heart-rate escalated drastically as he had passed by. This made me smile until something caught my scent. His blood- the pounding of his heart and all the blood rushing throughout his body had me fantasizing about his full, rich arteries going completely unused.

I felt myself tense up and I hadn’t even realized I stood up until I was on my feet and without any warning I pounced onto the co-pilot, knocking him over while laying on top of him.

“Trinity.. Off.” Balthazar stood up threateningly, but it wasn’t enough to call me off.

Just a taste. One single taste and I would be fine. I dug my fangs piercing his fleshy skin and the rich, sweet taste automatically filled my mouth but this was addictive to say the least. It was like quenching a never ending thirst. I tried to pull away after tasting his blood but it proved to be more difficult than just wanting to stop. Balthazar in a flash ripped my shirt while pulling me back causing me to gnarl fiercely at him as I turned around and grabbed him by the neck while heaving and panting in frustration.