The Alliance Chapter 3- Friend or Foe

Sitting on my bed in my room, completely and utterly alone. Wondering how I ended up in this predicament I wasn't fully sure. One minute I was telling myself not to let the bloodsucker up to my room and now I'm minutes away from having a real, open and honest conversation with one. I let out a silent laugh at that thought. I had questions about that night and Ambrose would hopefully have answers for me.

Looking directly across the room I noticed footsteps in the shadows underneath my door. Before Ambrose had the chance to knock, I swiftly opened the door and allowed him in before anyone took notice.

"Anxious to see me already? My, it's been a whole twenty minutes." Ambrose's snarky remark had me fighting back instincts to sock him in his ice cold face.

" I don't want the world to see me socializing with the likes of you, no offense." I added honestly.

"That reminds me , don't you need to be invited in before entering?" I asked curiously while making my way to my bed sitting in an awkward manner before crossing my legs nervously. Ambrose let out a small, amused laugh before sitting himself next to me causing me to shift further away from him.

"Would you like to dowse me in holy water as well to see if it burns me?"

"As tempting as that would be, and trust me it is tempting. I really want to know what happened the night you found me." I couldn't help but feel a lump rise in my throat I absolutely hated talking about this but more so because I didn't understand it.

Ambrose looked away briefly then met my eyes before speaking. " Back then Dalton, myself and a few others still helped the Alliance. We were following a lead that werewolves were searching for Nephilim. That night somehow they knew we were following them so they led us on a false lead. When we caught wind, we did manage to catch up to them. Your father was still alive when we got there, they took your brother. Apparently they didn't know there were two of you. Your father told me with his last breath he wanted you out of the city and gone far away from here."

The reality didn't quite set in right away. I never saw werewolves that night. I only saw Ambrose and other vampires. I heard screaming so I just as quickly assumed it was vampires that took my family. I spent twelve years hating a race that wasn't responsible for my family's death. I felt the beginning of a tear form but refuse to fall as I sat there shocked, they took my brother.

" Is.... is he dead?" My voice was unstable as I felt myself start to crumble.

"I don't think so, there have been a few rumors that surfaced. You see along time ago there was a boy he was a Nephilim. His family was attacked by Dark Ones and when he was bitten his body should have rejected the venom, but it didn't. He became the first Nephilim Vampire breed."

Ambrose's face was stern yet somehow mildy sympathetic towards me, which was unusual seeing as vampires don't have sympathy. It's an emotion. Vampires, undead creatures didn't have them.

"Go on." I sat there listening intently as he continued.

"Well there's a chain of order as you know. Vampires and Werewolves are equally powerful, that I'm sure you've learned about the Nephilim, that they were hunted and harvested for blood. As far as anyone knew Nephilim couldn't be turned because their blood had such high concentration that they healed too quickly. So the vampires and werewolves would obtain the blood to make themselves powerful. Until that little Nephilim boy who was turned into a vampire anyways. We think it's because he had higher quantities of human blood in his body that the venom did affect him making him the newest, deadliest predator."

"Is that why they're hunting the humans? To find others like the boy who's body wouldn't reject it?" I interrupted eagerly even more enraged that not only were those nasty mutts responsible for my father's death but my brother.... my poor brother who I believed to be dead may very well in fact be alive.