The Alliance Chapter 23- Old secrets cause new problems

I was seriously starting to panic, this was my body and I would be damned to lose control of it to some  incorporeal bitch.  I found out the hard way that fighting this was completely useless what I said , what I did had no affect. I was wasting some serious time as Kassandra had me down to my underwear as she was straddling Dalton with her arms tugging through his hair while violently kissing him.

“Kassandra, stop this! You can’t do this.” I shouted out in frustration. “Please.” I silently begged . I  never begged but for this I would.

“ Honey, thanks to your witchy friend I most certainly can do this and I intend to.” Kassandra hadn’t hesitated even slightly as her and Dalton were lost in their own universe.

“Someone, please walk in! Walk in!” I screamed as the panties were being pulled down.

Sure enough my prayers were answered and ironically the only person in this entire house I did not want to have walk in was the one to walk in. Ambrose stood there at the door and the look on his face  was murderous. He pushed the door back so harshly that it had slammed into the wall causing several indents. Dalton looked up and wasn’t sure what to do or say because I don’t think it mattered what came out of his mouth Ambrose was seriously going to kill him.

Kassandra stood up with ease and walked over half naked towards Ambrose. With that smirk on her face she leaned over before letting out a small laugh. “ I never wanted you.”

Wow, that was harsh the look on Ambrose’s face turned to something darker than hatred. He pushed me aside and flung Dalton against the wall sending him halfway through it. The entire room shook. I just wanted to scream to get Ambrose to pay attention to me, sure enough if he looked at me he would know there was something wrong with me.

Ambrose was blind-sighted by fury as he and Dalton started fighting. Dalton held his own but barely, he almost stood a chance until Ambrose threw him through the window sending him at least two stories down below. Ambrose stood on the ledge ready to jump when I blacked out. I couldn’t see anything or feel anything I must have collapsed because a minute or so later I was actually able to open my own eyes and move my own body.

“Thank god.” I exhaled a bit more confidently. Ambrose got off from the ledge and stood feet away from me to make sure I was alright.

“Ambrose.” I  was going to tell him everything because he needed to know about Kassandra even if it hurt him.

“Don’t say my name. You disgust me , you know that.” Ambrose spat out venomously as he went to leap out of the window to finish his business with Dalton.

I fought back tears the way he just completely doubted me and wouldn’t hesitate to give me a second to explain anything I heard commotion come from outside and heard Violet, Sarge, Seth and Emmaline trying to stop those two. I quickly threw on my clothes and started storming down the stairs.

All I could think about was what Kassandra had said to me “ thanks to my witchy friend...” I was going to find Violet and rip her apart dangling her parts all over the place. In a rush I practically flew down the flight of stairs and using all of my strength I threw the front doors open as they went smashing into the brick walls behind. I’m sure my emotions were on the high end because my eyes were glowing and I’ve never felt more powerful in my life.

“Trinity what’s wrong?” Violet cautioned towards me as Dalton and Ambrose stopped and looked up at me wondering what was going on.

I lifted my left hand directly towards her I didn’t want to burn her to a crisp or kill her just yet so I focused on surrounding her with my flames trapping her in a circle of it until she told me why she did that.

“I am going to kill you.” I said calmly and cooly while grinning at her.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Violet stared at me not once removing eye contact and used her own powers to put out the circle of flames.

“Trinity? What’s going on?” Anna came running out accompanied by Saddie while everyone started to get a bit closer to me.

“Violet here decided to put a little spell on me.” I turned to look at Anna and then back to Violet who looked utterly confused.

“I didn’t put anything on you.” Violet pleaded looking over at Ambrose for help.

“Don’t try to blame something you’ve done on someone else.” Ambrose interjected on Violet’s behalf.

“Go to hell.” I muttered glaring at him in pure hatred, what did I ever see in him anyways that condescending jerk.

“Trinity, I didn’t  put a spell on you.” Violet looked at me.

“Stop lying, you conniving b*tch” I used my hand once again but this time something weird happen it was like a force pushed her enough to send her flying into a tree. She fell over and got right back up again.

“Wait! Trinity I’ve been trying to tell you all day, I don’t think it was Violet it was Emmaline.” Anna rushed over to me and Dalton and Ambrose along with Violet all looked towards Emmaline who was backing away muttering how ridiculous we were being. Ambrose grabbed Emmaline by her arms and held her in tact.

“What makes you think that?” Violet asked curiously eyeing Anna.

“ Oliver and I were....uh.... exploring the mansion when we were going to the attic we heard Emmaline casting some kind of spell. You mentioned finding your sister but the words she was saying was something along the lines of ‘summoning the one who lost their life ‘ and I thought it couldn’t have anything to do with Prudence because she’s not dead right?” Anna looked over to Oliver who just came outside asking Sarge what was going on.

Violet looked over at Emmaline feeling completely hurt and I was just dumbfounded I jumped to conclusions when it wasn’t even Violet. I couldn’t look at Ambrose I still hated him and Dalton... I was disappointed he knew it wasn’t me and he kept going, but I couldn’t begin to imagine his loss.

Everyone turned their focus to Emmaline who looked nervous like ‘ isn’t that a funny coincidence’.  She couldn’t take the pressure and cracked like an egg.

“ It’s not my fault the spell backfired.” Emmaline didn’t look very remorseful.

“It’s not your fault either that I am going to beat you senselessly.” I threw in while staring daggers at her.

“But why?” Violet placed a hand between me and Emmaline who was still being held in place by Ambrose.

“ I thought if Kassandra possessed Trinity she would leave Dalton alone and hook up with Ambrose so Dalton would get over her and consider coming back to me and well Vi , you needed to get over Ambrose already and that was before Trinity and Ambrose had hooked up so I didn’t know. Only I’m not sure how she ended up with Dalton.” Emmaline  looked confused. She didn’t mean any harm by her spell but it nearly cost me my virginity.

Dalton coughed and looked away but I had no easy way of saying things even though they were meant to come out. Luckily Dalton spoke up after god knows how long he kept things a secret.

“You didn’t take into consideration that Kassandra might have been in love with someone else.”

As soon as the words left Dalton’s mouth Ambrose looked up at Dalton completely dumb struck. His whole life and the time he spent grieving over his wife to find out she was in love with someone else it was actually heartbreaking to witness.

“What do you mean?” Ambrose words were unsteady he looked nervous to hear what would come out next. He let go of Emmaline who by now was not going to run away because her evil deed would seem mild compared to Dalton’s. As much as I was still overly pissed off at Ambrose I couldn’t help but feel that tug on my heart that just said ‘worry about that stuff later’.
I walked over towards Ambrose and held his hand in mine.

“ I met Kassandra before you two met, we were intimate but her father dragged her away. The next time I saw her was at your engagement. We haven’t talked even once during the time she was with you but I’ve never stopped loving her and it’s obvious now I wasn’t the only one.” Dalton tried to word things as nicely as he could but still felt guilty when really it was just bad luck.

“And you knew?” Ambrose turned to look at me and I was shocked that he would get mad at me for knowing.

“She obviously connected the dots while being controlled by Kassandra.” Dalton saved me as he smiled apologetically towards me.

“She never loved me. Well I ‘ll be damned.” Ambrose had said it practically a whisper but the way he said that made my heart hurt. By now Anna, Oliver, Seth ,Sarge, Saddie, Violet and Emmaline had gone back inside giving the three of us space to sort this out.

Dalton looked over at me still feeling so guilty. “ Trinity I’m really sorry . I completely forgot about you and …. I almost......... God I’m sorry.”

I tried to smile but it looked forced, I felt his pain. “ I know , don’t worry about it this wasn’t your fault. “ Dalton turned around to go back inside himself while leaving Ambrose and I completely alone in the awkward silence filled with these wild emotions running loose.

I wanted to say something to Ambrose but the words ‘idiot’, ‘jerk’ and ‘dipshit’ weren’t adequate. I pulled myself into Ambrose’s arms and kissed him. The kiss wasn’t our usual passionate, hot and romantic but it was sad and gentle. It’s funny how many ways there are to say goodbye.

I realized something very valuable, I did have honest feelings for Ambrose proving Kassandra didn’t love him proved to me that everything I felt were my emotions and feelings. Seeing Ambrose as heartbroken like that hurt me too, I didn’t want to see him like that and further more whatever he felt for me would likely dissipate seeing as the woman he loved that didn’t love him was the image I was a reincarnation of.

I pulled away and looked at Ambrose. “ Ending things between us is likely for the best.” The words hurt coming out but clearly Ambrose was not over Kassandra, tonight was proof enough of that. It didn’t help that he so quickly judged me and said the most hurtful things to me without giving me any benefit of a doubt.

Ambrose hadn’t said a word but I notice his jaw clench in response. “Likely.” The coldest word coming from his lips, what had I expected? For him to argue and fight me on it, sure I knew there really was no hope for us but besides all that I wanted to see him fight for something he wanted. Which then proved all the more that whatever it was he wanted - wasn’t me. I didn’t look back as I walked into the house to join the others it was a long night and my head was killing me.