The Alliance Chapter 2- The Assignment

The Alliance Chapter 2-  Assignment

I cocked an eyebrow in his direction, thoroughly amused. " Delightful seeing you again, perhaps this time you can offer me a few answers." I suggested in an irked tone.

Ambrose stood before me in a daze as though I was the last person he'd expect to encounter here. Once he regained his focus his expression became potently aggressive.

"You stupid girl, you're looking to get yourself killed." He growled under his breath.

His tone mildly intimidated me, perhaps I didn't understand the seriousness of the situation. Then again how could I? It wasn't as though anyone had sat me down and explained what the hell I really was and why others would want me dead.

"I'm not sure what I'm looking for but I highly doubt it's to get myself killed." I smiled in a mischievous manner before pressing my index finger firmly against my bottom lip.

"-However, If you are challenging me, I'll gladly accept the offer. Putting a bloodsucker out of it's misery seems to lighten the mood a little."

Ambrose laughed inwardly before speaking. "Remind me to come find you when I'm bored, you make for good entertainment."

The man who was previously with Ambrose in the Common room came through the doors and approached us. "Ambrose, quit making small talk with this human we have to make way if we want to keep to the schedule."

The man stood to be about five feet eight inches tall and wore light brown hair, as a vampire he had the pale skin with golden eyes. The way he referred to me as "this human" made me want to rip his unbeating heart out of his chest and show it to him. I may be a Nephilim but I never saw myself as anything other than human. Humans were a race to be proud of, not revolted by.

I glared at the vampire and could not conceal the wicked smile plastered across my face. " I take it you don't make it a habit of socializing with your dinner, huh?"

The vampire quickly became angered whilst Ambrose placed his hand firmly across his chest to stop him. "Dalton, we best be going anyways." Ambrose's eyes looked at me warningly.

"You foolish humans, so naive. You can't even recognize a fellow ally when you see one." Dalton grimaced in disapproval before walking outside folding his arms waiting for Ambrose to join him.

"Your room number?" Ambrose asked.

I looked at him unfavorably, did he really think I was that stupid? For all I know he'd come and kill me or feed off me, but seeing as he didn't do it when he found me as a kid -it created a bit of faith in
that.  "48... ask for Trinity" I added uncomfortably. "-but don't try anything funny!"

" Like kill you?" Ambrose suggested, curling his lips forming a grin before turning around to leave.

I stood there still feeling slightly baffled by the events that took place earlier, I couldn't believe that in a matter of days we'd be living only mere feet away from vampires. I couldn't decide if I wanted to sharpen my weapons and wait for the vampires to slip up or if I should camp outside their bunker greeting them with an axe when they arrived, as a friendly neighboorhood reminder that there are some that aren't so easily convinced of their genuinely good intentions.

Moments later, Anna came up to me and put her hand on my arm. Seeing as I was subconsciously elsewhere, I jolted back and grabbed her forearm.

"Jesus Anna, you startled me!" I sighed a bit more relaxed, loosening my grip on Anna's arm,

"Alistair's looking for you, he's in the common room still. I'm off to bed, Night Trin." Anna seemed enitrely unfazed by my reaction.

Anna's bright eyes looked red and inflamed, she was exhausted mostly because she spent her nights in the chapel flirting with Father Oliver. Anna was petite, I had nearly 4 inches on her in height. She had long red hair and ocean blue eyes, she was genuinely pretty but complained how unattractive she felt standing next to me. Anna was also my roommate, and I thank god that the Elders gave me a roommate that was tolerable. Torri Radimacker was my last roommate she would constantly sing show tunes and one night I told her if she didn't shut up I would tie her to a cross and hang her upside down. I'll admit, I wasn't the nicest one here and I was by far the least social among my age group. I was complaisant to routine, I had few friends and I had my strict self- disciplining schedule. I refused to show emotion and the easiest way to do this was to block any feeling out.

I shuffled my way through the crowd and headed towards the Common Room where I spotted Alistair rising from his seat headed in my direction. Having no idea why but suddenly felt knots build up in my stomach. As grateful as I was towards Alistair for saving me, I always felt uneased in his presence. There were few who knew what I was and for the last twelve years, I've disciplined myself and kept myself detached from others and it kept me safe- kept me alive.

"There you are, my dear." Alistair greeted me so casually it was almost unheard of around here.

"Sorry, I had to take care of some business. You asked to see me?"

Smiling innocently as I was gestured to sit down as we sat in sync .I braced myself after noticing a look of utmost seriousness on Alistair's face. I naturally assumed I would be reprimanded for questioning the Elders decision to work with the vampires.

"There has been a serious matter placed in my hands and I would like you to work along side Sargent Peters and his team." Alistair never beat around the bush, direct was always his approach. I respected him more for it. A true leader.