The Alliance Chapter 25- Kovacs (part 1)

The Alliance Chapter 25- Kovacs?

The rest of the night I refused to go back to sleep, even though I'm sure Tristan wouldn't come back twice in the same night I still wasn't rest assured. I convinced Saddie and Anna to go back to bed while I sat up in the dinning room drinking coffee and doing word searches. I loved the absolute silence that filled the room at night, it was refreshing for a change. At the Safe House it didn't matter what time of day it was, there was always chatter or clinking, any kind of noise imaginable. I tried to keep my mind on the word search but I couldn't handle all these invasions , Kassandra deciding she wanted to finish her unfinished business than Tristan lurking in my mind.

When I heard footsteps I turned around to find Violet wearing a housecoat being accompanied by Dalton as they made their way into the kitchen. They didn't see me as they were discussing something, I started to walk closer towards them and that’s  when I heard what they were talking about.

“You know it as well as I do, she'll have to make the change.” Violet added sounding concerned.

“There's got to be another way than that.” Dalton shook his head.

Violet let out a frustrated sigh. “ I keep thinking about that too. Only her brother's powers keeps excelling and he has an advantage it's only a matter of time before he kills her.”

I gulped , why was it  the things no one ever had the guts to tell you the ones you end up eavesdropping on? What did they mean I'd have to make the change? Did they think the only way I could kill him was if I was a werewolf myself? That thought was completely out of line and made me cringe.Me ,a mutt. Yeah right. When hell froze over maybe, I was far too pretty to be a nasty, fluffed up mutt.

“Dammit. No.” Dalton's voice wasn't raised but he sounded torn and upset as he slammed his fist down onto the counter. “ Violet , you have no idea what it's like to be dead. To steal the life from a girl who's barely lived in life is just unacceptable.” Dalton's voice became more hushed as they continued speaking.

Violet paused for a second. “ If she doesn't there's a good chance she won't live anyways.”

There was silence that lingered between the two of them and I was completely thrown off. I stormed into the kitchen turning on the light crossing my arms glaring at them.

“I won't do it. There is another way and tomorrow I'm going to figure out what that is.” I stated matter of factually. I began to turn around and went back to my word search while noticing how shocked and embarrassed Violet was that I had overheard them. Dalton's expression softened as he came to sit with me.

“Of course we're going to find another way Trinity.” Dalton smiled apologetically as he squeezed my shoulder reassuringly. He wasn't going to let anyone turn me, even though he only thought of Kassandra when he saw me at least I knew deep down he had my best interest at heart.
Dalton looked down at my word search before pointing to a letter. “Perpendicular.”

I let out a laugh before circling the word. Violet also came to sit with us handing me another cup of coffee. Just when I thought there wouldn't be anymore excitement for tonight I heard a knock at the door. Of course Dalton stood up and cautiously made his way to the door. Ambrose, was my first thought I knew he'd come back and apologize for his behaviour, than I would apologize and everything would be fine  again. Only the person who stood at the door was the last person I expected to see.

Kovacs.

Just thinking his name had made my blood boil, that treacherous  backstabbing wimp.  I had so many mixed feelings towards him and most of them were startling to say the least. There was something  about seeing him here that surprised me and saddened me a little. It must have been how scruffy and unclean that made him look vulnerable but I wasn’t buying any act of his.

Dalton picked him up by his collar. “ What are you doing here?” His tone was spiteful like he wanted to rip off his head here and now.

I rushed over towards the door and separated the two of them and confronted Kovacs myself.
“You have two seconds before I kill you myself and let my good friend Dalton set your corpse on fire.”

Kovacs looked sad as he stood there with ripped clothing, looking more disoriented than ever.

“I was locked up in a cellar and Marlow tortured me for days.” Kovacs looked so completely hurt by my coldness and accusation.

“ Well you get what you deserve for being a traitor and running off with them.” The words came out like poison , full of venom and reliving the last few minutes of the night the Safe House burned down the fury came right back into me.

“You're joking right? I was taken with them. They thought I'd know where you were but Tristan found a girl a little blond Nephilim and when they brought her back I escaped.”

My heart started to race and I was completely struck with panic. Basil. I was trying so desperately to compose myself but I wanted to burn down anything that stood in my way.

“Where is she? We need to find her.” I raced over to the table and grabbed my sweater getting ready to leave.

“You can't do that , that's what he wants.” Kovacs pulled me into his arms, I wasn't sure how I felt about him after everything but it's a good thing Kovacs found us.

“Come take a walk with me , we need to discuss some things first.” Kovacs added extending his hand to me.

“I 'm coming too.” Dalton added looking warily at Kovacs, you could tell he wasn't comfortable with the idea of him here but I wondered what his reasons behind that were. Kovacs fidgeted nervously likely felt uncomfortable by Dalton’s intimidating expression.. I just smiled at Dalton, thinking how amusing to see the scary ‘Don’t screw with me’ look that he had.

“We won't be long, if something goes wrong just spot for fire.” I teased lightly before Dalton mumbled to be careful.

We began walking down the walkway and into the forest, we talked about the stuff he claimed he had overheard about the plans Tristan and Marlow were conspiring. I couldn't shake the feeling that there was something off and unusual about Kovacs but I couldn't quite sense anything like a mental block or something. It must be from the trauma he went through because Kovacs looked like he was in bad enough shape.

“ Are you okay?” Kovacs muttered while placing an arm around me.

“I've been better. The more I think about it the more I'm considering turning into a vampire.” I joked lightly, Kovacs' face seemed to go pale when he heard that.

“No.. that's an awful idea.”

I just grinned, remembering how cute he looked while distressed. Kovacs gently shifted me back into a tree and held his hands on my hips. I was shocked at his closeness, I didn't instigate this but oddly enough I wanted to be comforted right now no matter how wrong this felt inside. Kovacs leaned closer bringing his lips to mine and began to kiss me gently. The tingling sensation that should have been in my body was completely gone and there was definitely something off about Kovacs and the way he was touching me. I went to pull away but his hands didn't budge, no human in their right mind had more strength than I did. I struggled for a second longer before looking at him when I saw his eyes they were so dark and there was something missing to the kindhearted Kovacs I remember seeing before.

“You're...a werewolf?” I stuttered while managing to loosen his grip  a little.

Kovacs cocked a grin directly at me before licking his lips. “ I was suppose to lure you out and bite you so you would turn but I want to have some fun with you first.”

The tone in Kovac's voice almost frightened me with how evil he seemed this was not the Kovacs I remember, not by a mile. He went to shove his hand forcefully down my pants as I struggled to keep him away from me as he crushed me against the tree behind me. A new werewolf’s powers are at it’s peak when they first turn, I  knew this wasn’t the case for Tristan because of how powerful he is but Kovacs had some fierce strength behind him. I continued to try and force him at arms length as his hands reached my undergarments.

“I'll kill you , if you don't back off.” The words came out of my mouth but I found them to be lies because truthfully I would kill him no matter how this turned out.

For an instant Kovacs' eyes shifted looking as light as I remembered them as he stopped himself. “ You're going to have to kill me Trinity. I'm fighting the change but I can't stop this.”

Kovacs' words pleaded with me and I hesitated while I saw the changes in his body begin, his hands were rougher and larger and his spine moved in ways I never imagined possible, I was awed by this seeing it up close then Kovacs begged one last time. “ Please Trinity. Kill me before I kill you.”

I hesitated for too long because before I knew it Kovacs slammed me into the tree as I let out a groan in pain I went to kick him and he grabbed my leg and snapped it. I let out a scream in pain as I got a grip and focused using that same energy that I was now becoming more familiar with and the wind thrusted him across from me into a tree as I heard his head snap back but he quickly straightened it out and began to stand up.

Kovacs looked completely in agony his facial expression read blank but it was his eyes, they begged for mercy as he clenched his jaw looking at me desperate to end this for him. Seconds later Dalton was behind me as he tossed me my bow and arrow and I put him out of his misery in style. An arrow right through the heart. Slowly Kovacs began to sink down onto the ground pressing his back firmly against the tree looking up at me so helplessly while spitting up blood.

“He doesn't have her.” He muttered as more blood came out.

I smiled in relief as I made my way beside Kovacs to cradle him in my arms. “ Thank you.” I ignored the pain in my leg because in a matter of hours it would be fine again. I fought any tears I had because I would save them and turn them into the weapon I'd use to kill Tristan and Marlow, they kept taking good people and ruining things for their own pleasure. Kovacs smiled weakly at me as tears flooded down his face.

“I'm.” More blood sputtered up as Kovacs attempted to speak. “ I'm-” He was coughing up so much blood, I wondered what it was he wanted so desperately to say. “ I'm sorry.” The same innocent smile that Kovacs now gave me was the same one that made me weak in the knees and have faith in him because he wasn't anything more than a bad guy who was good at heart.

My eyes started to water a little as I wiped the tears away from his cheeks. “ I forgive you.”
It didn't matter how much involvement Kovacs honestly had because I couldn't hold him accountable he was just another pawn in this stupid game of never ending chess. To forgive him was hard but I always went by instincts and they told me to stop being so critical. Watching Kovacs die and the small smile on his face knowing he'd die in peace made me feel a bit better but I wanted to cry for him. His eyes shut for the last time as I let out a sniff and stood up like nothing had happened.

“You hungry?” Dalton asked before pulling my arm around his shoulder to help me walk while accompanying me back to the house. I looked at him oddly, why would I be hungry in a time like this.

“When I was a boy my father would make cheeseburgers whenever I had a bad day.” Dalton let out a small laugh as I just smiled.

“They had cheeseburgers back then?” I eyed him curiously.

“ He called it cow on a bun, but technically speaking it's the same.”

I let out a small laugh. “Cow on a bun, now that sounds appetizing.”

“Sit still.” Dalton barked as he held out my leg about to push the bone back into place. As anyone whose ever dislocated or broken a bone the worst part is putting things back to how their suppose to be.

“Don’t bark your orders at me.” I fussed unimpressed.

Dalton just looked up at me devilishly and without saying a word he wore a grin as he continued to lock eyes with me while pushing my bone back into place.

“JESUS, MOTHER OF.” I couldn’t form words as the pain popped back into order. It would only be a few hours before I was fully healed again but this was disgustingly painful. I glared at Dalton who seemed to have taken pleasure in my reaction.

“You’re sick.” I teased momentarily feeling relieved that it was over with and how things weren’t weird with Dalton. My heart really did ache for Ambrose, not having control over that just ticked me off in fact I found myself wanting to have feelings for Dalton because of how nice he was but I suppose that wasn’t grounds to form a relationship of any sort.

“ Dead. I’m dead. Sick if when bacteria invade your body causing you to feel ill. I’m that bacteria mate.” Dalton got up and went to make us or well me some food.

“Everything alright?” Violet came to see me sitting on the lounging chair.

“Yupp.” I added flatly looking away, not wanting to think about Kovacs or anything Kovacs related.

“Where’s Kovacs?” Violet asked worryingly.

“Pinned to a tree with an arrow through his heart.” I added lightly as I found myself to be laughing. This wasn’t a small amount of giggles , I found my laughter to resemble laughter of a maniac.

Violet raised an eyebrow as Dalton came back in. “She’s kidding right?” Violet looked over at Dalton questioningly.

“Who jokes about something that sick? Can you believe I kissed him and had an insanely large crush on the guy that’s now a dead werewolf pinned to a tree after he tried to rape and turn me into a werewolf.” My laughter had escalated to a new high of insanity as I stood up almost stopping because of the pain in my leg.

“ Are you alright?” Anna had muttered while walking down the stairs looking at my worriedly.

“Hey Anna, guess who’s I pinned to a tree outside?” I slowly approached her.

Anna looked horrified. “Who?”

“One guess, here’s a hint. He’s dead.”  I walked  up the stairs right past Anna and found myself going to the library I wanted to sit and read anything to drown my thoughts right out of my head.

Anna rushed down the stairs towards Dalton and Violet. “ I leave you alone with her for what a few hours and she’s gone mental?” Anna fretted as she rushed to the phone.

“Who are you going to call?” Dalton eyed Anna as she dialed the one person I knew she’d call and I couldn’t decide if that made me happy or even more pissed.

“Ambrose, at the very least he’ll know what to do.”

I walked into the library and closed the door before locking it behind me as I wandered around until a liquor cabinet suddenly caught my interest. “Why, I knew this mansion belonged to alcoholics.” I mumbled before triumphantly handing myself a glass of Gin and Tonic.

I hadn’t finished my first glass before I felt a dizzy spell sweet me up like a tide. My eyes fluttered shut completely forgetting why I had kept myself awake in the first place.  I found myself surrounded by nightmares. They welcomed me with open arms, I found myself in a room I’ve never seen before with my father and Alistair lying on the ground covered in blood. My mother was next to them with the same blank, dead expression on their pale frozen faces. Next to her was Anna and to my left was Saddie holding her baby with Seth and Oliver they were all splattered on the floor completely dead. I looked up before screaming when I saw Tristan holding a butcher knife grinning at me.

“ I did this- I did all of this for you.”

I found myself sitting up gasping for air as I looked around to confirm where I was and sure enough I was still in the library covered in sweat as I heard knocking at the door.

“GO AWAY!” I shouted childishly.

“I heard screams, Trinity open up.” Dalton’s worried voice echoed in the hallway behind the door.

“No.” I simple stated before grabbing my drink taking another sip.

“Trinity, open the god damn door before I bust it down myself.” The sweet , annoyed words that almost had the butterflies in the stomach fluttering. Ambrose.

A/N: Sorry This is shorter than I wanted, I will try to upload more frequently now that I've temporarily removed my distractions *cough* wp chat *cough* lol Please keep voting for this story guys, this is my baby and I want to see it do well in the watty's <3 I love you all.