The Alliance Chapter 24- The Invasion

Chapter 24 - The  Invasion

“You’re leaving?” I asked raising an eyebrow at Ambrose as he carried a small duffel bag containing his belongings beside him while heading towards the door.

“Indeed I am.” He stated flatly refusing to meet my gaze.

“Well, hang on a second. How are you going to protect me if you leave?” I placed my hand across the doorway preventing him from leaving until I was finished.

“Dalton’s staying here , he’s more than capable to meet your needs.” Ambrose’s tone was filled with venom as he lifted his eyes to meet mine looking unsavory.

For once I think I might have been speechless, I had no idea how to fix this or what to say. I imagined Ambrose would be upset but I never gave a thought to him leaving, and to go where?

“When I said I thought it was best for us to end things, I never said I wanted to. It’s just you need to be over Kassandra before anything can happen between us.” I tried really hard to fight my urge to knock some sense into him but like my father always said  in his nagging tone ‘Fighting never solves anything.’ I think he said that because he was scared that Tristan and I would kill each other one day at the severity of what we considered play fighting.

“Then,  I’ll never be over her.” Ambrose’s jaw clenched as he seemed frenzied and beside himself trying desperately to keep his cool.

In a state of profound shock I stepped aside leaving the exit free for him to leave if that’s what he wanted. Instead of fighting the urge to beat him I found myself fighting the urge to cry, I must have been played because this was just cruel.

I bit my lip fighting any insults from coming out but it was irrevocably hopeless. “ You know what Ambrose, I made a lot of mistakes in my life.” I paused as his pacing slowed down but still he didn’t look at it. “ But you were the biggest.”

I knew that was an awful , undeserved blow but he had hurt me. To think I would have given him my virginity the thought just makes me sick. We never had a chance we’re just too different and had no future, and the more I told myself that the more I found it hurt. Ambrose stopped dead in his tracks and he turned slightly enough for me to see the look in his eyes before grinning slightly. Ambrose looked cold and dead like the vampire he was.

“Well, we finally agree on something.”

I slammed the door shut so menacingly I was surprised it still hung to the hinges especially after the earlier abuse the doors took. I turned around to find everyone gone to bed except for Violet and Emmaline who sat near the fireplace looking up sympathetically at me.

“Trinity- I’m so sorry.” Emmaline gushed with guilt while Violet looked ashamed to be sitting next to her.

“Sorry? I’ve lost everything and the last person that I cared about you drove away.” I shook my head not wanting to continue this conversation as I started to head upstairs. I was confronted by Saddie and Anna who were standing there in their pajamas waiting for me.

‘I’m not going to cry, I’m not going to cry.’ I kept repeating continuously in my head until Anna pulled me into her arms and a natural chain of effect I started crying.

When I pulled away I let out a soft laugh; “ I hate being half human, damn emotions.”

Saddie smiled while rubbing her belly that now in lighter cotton pajamas I saw the extent of her protruding belly. “ Tell me about it, I find myself crying over everything these days.”