The Alliance- Chapter 13

The Alliance Chapter 13

I walked down the halls before I was bombarded with stupid kids. Don't get me wrong the next generation of potential Alliance members really had me worrying they had no real sense of respect and they were so wrapped up in their tedious lives. I kept walking until I ran into Kovacs , now that he was found innocent and there were no secrets left I felt more comfortable around him. I've yet to determine if this was a good thing or not but never the less I stopped to speak to him.

"Hey!"

Kovacs smiled innocently " Trinity! I was just thinking about you."

I blushed the faintest shade of pink . "You were?"

Kovacs seeing my reaction caused a chain reaction on him, making him blush aswell.  "What are you doing tonight?"

"Nothing." I immediately added until I remembered telling Gabriel that we'd be studying Nephilim powers every chance I got. " Well actually I'm suppose to be studying but I can put it off til tomorrow." I felt so stupid for speaking without thinking, why did I have to go back to this state of being nervous.

Kovacs smiled earnestly " Good, I just got "Pearl Harbour" and if you want to come to my room I'll cook us up something to eat and we could watch it."

"Um definitely, call me when your ready for me."

I stood there for a minute feeling stupid,I never said the right thing around him and I could not believe how just days ago when I thought he was a traitor my body didn't do this to me but now suddenly he clears his name and I get all hot and bothered over him once again. 'Call me when your ready for me', who says that? I might as well scream ' Hey I'm desperate and available to leap at your every command'. Maybe I was being a tad harsh with myself but I tend to criticize myself more when I feel I've acted ridiculous. I smiled embarrassingly  as Kovacs grinned before being cornered by several of his students anxiously awaiting  his next lesson. I only saw one of his lessons and he managed to school me, at least he had my full respect instructor wise.

I was about to walk away when Kovacs quickly escaped the wrath of his students and made his way right next to me.

"I will earn back your trust, I'm glad your giving me a second chance."

I was mildly distracted when from the corner of my eye I noticed Ambrose walking up the stairs with that vampire who's name I didn't make it a point to remember her name. Then remembering Ambrose snap at her calling her Victoria had me scrunching my nose. She's not nearly as pretty as I was, but for some reason I was still envious. I returned my attention back to Kovacs who not only looked good he simply smelled amazing, a fine combination of sweat and white musk.

I didn't know whether or not Ambrose would even pay the slightest bit of attention to me but it wasn't worth risking just in case. I grinned at Kovacs, even though I did have some attraction to Kovacs for some reason the more Ambrose pushed me away the harder I pushed myself onto him.

My eyes met Kovacs and I couldn't look away if I had wanted to, I felt some sort of hunger sweep through me as I leaned up against him . While licking my lips I noticed Kovacs' eyes focussed on my lips as he brought himself to kiss me. His kiss surprisingly didn't leave me feeling as nervous as I had quite expected, however our kiss was enough to have Ambrose's eyes latch on to us.

I had the strangest sensation overcome me like a malicious feeling of satisfaction as I gloated in my triumph. I pulled away and said my goodbye to Kovacs as I made my way to my room to get changed into something more suited for a movie with Kovacs.  Ambrose didn't bother to look back at me as he made his way up the stairs but his lady friend Victoria sure did not have a problem distinctly expressing her disgust towards me. I just smiled and waved , I mean staring was just so rude.