Chapter 36- Til death do we part

Chapter 36  Til death do we part

“So Tuoco, is it  like the supernatural version of Alcatraz?” Ky asked sitting in the van at the far rear.

“Basically.” I mumbled while staring out of the window blankly.

There was Violet driving us and Balthazar accompanying her in the front passenger’s seat. Followed by Ambrose and myself in the second row and in the far back was Ky, Dalton and the new girl with the healing powers whose name was Nina.  

The others had waited for a bus to take them to the rest of the Alliance members where further plans were in the process of being made. I supposed our little trip would make some changes. If we were lucky I could kill Tristan and maybe they’d be rendered defenceless and they’d just....fall apart. I was hoping a little too much but I knew well enough to not have any expectations when it came to any mission.

“So would you consider this a suicide mission? Like if I die, will my family get some kind of war hero medal on my behalf?” Ky pushed onwards as I half listened.

“You ungrateful sack. If you don’t wish to be here without some kind of reward -besides the freedom to live, than leave.” Ambrose spat out after hours of pure silence.

I felt his arm next to mine and the adrenaline must have been pumping hard because I felt it through his skin. I saw how upset he was and just slid my fingers into his hand until he pulled his hand away while clenching his fist.

“ If your upset, be angry about it later.” I pulled myself closer to him before shifting to the side to pull my feet onto the seat and laying myself against Ambrose who by now had wrapped his arm around me.

Willingly or not, I understood why he was upset but things happen for a reason. I then glanced towards Ky who looked more embarrassed than anything.

“Don’t mind him, he’s grumpy. Any man who’s noble enough to sacrifice his life for a bigger purpose deserves a metal to say the least.” I shot him a half smile before glancing over to Dalton who seemed to be chatting well with Nina.

“Just let me touch you.” Nina added extending her hand towards Dalton.

Poor Dalton having little to no room to move, shifted slightly further from Nina and a little closer to Ky. I let out a soft laugh at how funny and awkward he had now looked.

“For the love of God, No!” Dalton added quietly looking at Nina almost scoldingly.

“I can heal you.” Nina argued again, getting closer to Dalton.

This was funny to watch. Dalton squirming was just amusing.

“ Touch me and I will bite you.” Dalton forewarned using his big ,bad , dangerous voice.

The girl debated it before slowly shifting back into her seat and pouted before looking out of her window.

“You’ve had what- centuries of damage done to you? You’re almost completely broken and I could fix that with just one touch. I mean- come on, look at Trinity.” Nina looked towards me and smiled before giving a distasteful look at Dalton.

I let out almost a full out laugh. “ Hey Ky, didn’t you say something about wanting to be healed?” I asked winking is his direction.

Ky looked towards Nina and then winked back. “Baby, I think God made you for me because I need to be healed.”

What a line. I suggested that Dalton and Nina switch seats so she could focus on Ky better which Dalton appreciated the gesture before mouthing a thank you in my direction.