The Alliance Chapter 26 Annihilation pt1

Chapter 26 Annihilation pt 1

Pretend this never happened. Hmm... That just raised a whole new set of questions.

“And if I don’t?” I asked playfully, as I had assumed Perseus was just over exaggerating whatever bad he thought would come from this.

“Nothing against you at all Trinity, but I don’t want to marry you. I’m not ready for that type of commitment in my life right now.” Perseus stopped talking but it was clear that his thoughts were still spiralling out of control.

“Marry?” I choked out in pure  shock. Since when did having a mental connection with someone mean anything more than just that.  I mean psychics do that all the time and their not stuck marrying strangers.

“You really do know little about The Nephilim race. Old , religious tradition that if you connect with someone it’s god’s fate for you two are to be together. I can’t figure out how a Nephilim could connect with a vampire.” Perseus picked up his cell phone as if to make a call but quickly flipped it shut.

“ Has anyone tried? Besides, a Nephilim shouldn’t be able to turn into a vampire nor a werewolf but it’s happened.” I added dully hoping to come off more at ease than I was on the inside.

“You two connected?” The door flung open by accident and there was Basil flopped over keeled on the floor from being pressed up against it. Her eyes were wide with shock but a good kind of shock like the entire world just made sense. She clasped her hands together as she sprung up filled with embarrassment.

Perseus looked at me and gulped as his face went slightly pale. I just sort of flipped my hair back trying to think of a way to talk myself out of this insanity.

“No, you misheard. Perseus was telling me about connecting among all the other crazy things that are possible in this world. Then I made a joke about if I connected with him.” I said as I had to hold back a smile, that was genius and believable even for me.

“ I’m not gullible. Besides it’s a great thing, I can’t wait to tell Gran.” Basil was about to head for the door.

“NO- no you can’t.” I begged while grabbing hold of her arm to keep her in place. I felt my heart start to race  as panic coursed through my veins.

“Can’t what?” Now there was Ambrose standing by the door, eyeing us curiously about this out of control conversation.

I thought about this for a second, this would make Ambrose wildly jealous. That alone brought a smile to my face however this situation- this problem could cause more drama and that was the last thing we needed. Now that I thought about it Ambrose might be of help after all. I sighed in relief as I signalled Perseus to hang on a second and watch Basil while I pulled Ambrose into the hall outside.

“Alright so don’t freak out.” I forewarned Ambrose while waiting for him to understand the severity of things.

“You remember when I was seeing things from your mind?” I asked while grasping a hold of myself. The more I thought about Ambrose and the stuff we’ve been through til now I just wanted to cave and pull him into me but this wasn’t the time or place for such things.

“ I assumed it was because of Kassandra, do you have another suggestion?” Ambrose’s eyes mimicked my concern as he patiently waited for me to finish.

“We connected.” The words felt so foreign it didn’t mean much, I didn’t fully comprehend it yet it happened and it’s the only sensible and logical explanation to things.