Chapter Eight

I'm on school holidays now for 7 weeks so updates should be more often now! Yay! Enjoy! :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Eight

The next day was hot as. I could barely breathe and keep cool. God, where is the air conditioner in this place?!?

“Nicki, can you please help me with something?” Terry asked.

“Yeah, of course.” I said trying to unstick myself from the couch.

“Are you hot?” She asked. I nodded. “Here, have this.” She said giving me a glass of cool water and I drank it straight away. It was so refreshing.

“Thank-you.” I said.

“You’re welcome dear. I was wondering because I’m doing something special for everyone, if you could drive and pick up Summer?” She asked.

“Drive? I haven’t driven in 6 months.” I said remembering the last time I drove before I became famous. “But sure, I can do it.” I smiled.

“Thank-you so much darling. I would get Landon to do it but something is up with him lately and I don’t know what.” Terry said looking sad.

“I could try and talk to him if you want?” I asked.

“Would you?” She said.

“Of course I would, he saved my life and you’re family has done everything for me. I would do anything repay you.” I smiled.

“Thank-you Nicki.” She said.

“You’re more than welcome.” I grabbed the keys and walked outside. The hot air hit my face and I just wanted to run back inside and sit in the pool but I didn’t. I unlocked the car and hoped in. I put the key in the ignition and immediately turned the air conditioner on. I sat for a while and let the cold air attack all the hot air. Once the car was no longer hot, I started the engine and reversed. Gosh, it’s been such a long time since I drove. I put the car into gear and drove out of the drive way and done the road. This car was so quiet that I turned on the radio. Rihanna’s new single was playing. I felt sad as I thought of my best friend. I wonder if I’ll be back before the wedding? I really hope so. I stopped in front of the local high school and waited in the car.  I turned the radio up so I could hear it better over the air conditioner.

“Rihanna, how have you been feeling lately?” The spokesmen said. I sat up straight.

“I’m okay, I guess.” She sounded so upset. What happened? Did she and Chris break up?

“You guess? Your wedding is coming up soon. Shouldn’t you be happy?” He said. Thank God it’s not about Chris.

“Yeah, I am happy. Of course I am. I love him and now I get to be with him forever but the only other person who I want to be here is not here with me to pick out my dress and the bridesmaids dresses.” She said. My heart broke.

“Who is that?” He asked.

“Nicki.” She said. I turned the radio down and tears welled in my eyes. My best friend needs and wants me and I’m stuck here. Why can’t I just leave already?! Why did this have to happen to me?! I quickly wiped my tears away as I saw Summer approaching the car. She jumped in and looked at me weirdly.

“What?” I asked.

“You can drive?” She asked.

“Duh.” I said.

“Sorry.” She said.

“Don’t worry about it.” I smiled.

“I take it you have been having a bad day?” Summer asked as I started the engine and drove off down the street.

“Only until now.” I said.

“How come?” She asked.

“I heard an interview on the radio and Rihanna was being interviewed. She said she wanted me to be a bridesmaid and help pick out the dresses and her dress but I can’t because I’m not there.” I said. Tears threatened my eyes and I quickly took my hand of the wheel to wipe them.

“Nicki!” Summer screamed.

“Shit!” I yelled swerving a tree.

“That was close.” She said.

“I’m so sorry.” I said.

“It’s okay Nicki, you’re upset.” She said. We arrived home and we went straight up stairs. I sat with Summer in her room and she lifted up her top and stared at her belly that will be like a gigantic ball in nine months.

“Are you kind of excited that you have something that’s a part of you growing inside you?” I asked. A smile inched on her face.

“Yeah, it is a little exciting.” She smiled. I smiled. “Nicki?” She asked.

“Yeah?” I said.

“Will you be in the room when I am giving birth? Even though you’ll be back to being famous.” She asked. I grabbed her hand.

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” I smiled and smiled too. She got off her bed and hugged me and I hugged her back. We sat and talked for a while about our past. She understood my past more than anyone I knew. Summer’s real dad isn’t Bob. She doesn’t know her real dad. Bob is Landon’s dad though. Landon came home and ran through Summer’s door. He looked angry.

“What are you doing?!” Summer creamed at him. He shut the door behind him.

“You’re pregnant?” He asked. Summer’s face went blank, then turned red and looked at me.

“Did you tell him?” She said through her teeth.

“No of course not!” I said raising my voice a little.

“Then how’d he know?” She asked.

“I know because I saw the test in the stable bins.” He said. Summer plumped herself on the bed. “Who is he? I’ll kill him.” Landon said angrily.

“Landon calm down.” I said quietly.

“Calm down? You’re telling me to calm down? Well excuse me but I’m not the one who kept something hidden that should’ve been said ages ago.” He yelled at me. Bob opened the door.

“What the hell is going on in here?!” He said loudly. Terry was by his side in seconds. Landon looked at Summer then looked at me and then stormed out of the room.

“Maybe you should ask Summer and Nicki” He shouted as he slammed the front door. Terry and Bob looked at us both and Summer looked at me.

“It’s nothing.” I said. I was such a bad liar. Summer looked so upset.

“I doubt Landon would just come in yelling at everyone.” Terry said.

“He’s just in a bad mood. You know Landon when he is in a bad mood.” Summer said.

“Yeah you’re right.” Terry said.

“I’ll go find him.” Bob said and left.

“Tea will be ready soon girls.” Terry said and left to go back to the kitchen. I got up and closed the door and looked at Summer.

“How the hell does he know?” Summer asked looking upset. “I didn’t want him to find out this way.” She said.

“I’m not sure, but I swear on my mother’s life I didn’t tell him.” I said.

“I believe you. I just wish he would tell me who.” She said looking frustrated. I can’t think of a reason how. How did Landon find out and better yet, who else knows apart from me?