Chapter Seventeen

Gosh, i am so sorry this is so late. So much has been going on and i lost my head for awhile there but it's back thankfully! What do you guys think of this chapter? Comment what you think! Thanks and sorry once again to all my fans! :) x

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Seventeen

I looked at myself in the mirror and stroked my fingers through my hair. It was so soft. We were going out for dinner tonight because it was Terry’s birthday today.

“Are you ready yet Nicki?” Summer yelled through my bedroom door.

“Nearly.” I said putting my last bit of make-up on. I didn’t cake my face in it like I usually do. I only just got the basic make-up on. My dress was also suitable for going for dinner. Usually it’d be showing my butt nearly. I like looking this but I also love looking like what I usually do. It’s unique. I walked out the door and walked down the kitchen. Everyone was so dressed up formally. The boys wearing suits and the girls wearing dresses.

“Alright, let’s go!” Bob said smiling. Everyone looked so happy with their bright smiles. We all got in the car and drove down town. We got our seats in the restaurant and it was the same restaurant Derrick took me to. We started picking our meals for tonight.

“Sorry I’m late.” Someone said. I looked up from my menu and seen Derrick standing there in a nice black suit with a nice tie.

“Derrick! You made it!” Terry said getting up to hug him.

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” He said flashing that famous smile that never fails to make me melt inside. He sat down opposite and looked at him and my heart sunk.

We ordered are food and it finally come around to a table. Without hesitation, everyone got into it.

“So how is everybody?” He asked. Better when you weren’t here, I thought.

“Fine. What about you?” Terry asked.

“Could be better but who I am to complain?” Derrick said looking at me. I feel so threatened by him.

“Well I hope things get better soon.” Summer said.

“Me too.” He said and again looking at me. Is he trying to make me feel bad?

“What’s making you feel so sad Derrick?” I asked him. He looked shock but maintained himself. He smiled.

“That girl that I was telling you about last week. She’s still on my mind all the time. I just don’t understand Nicki.” He said pretty much pouring his heart out on the table, all because of me.

“Go try and fix it.” I said. Oh shit. Why did I just say that?

“I would if I knew the problem.” He said staring straight into my eyes.

“Maybe she thinks you’re a faggot or something?” Landon said smiling. I held my laughter in.

“Landon!” Terry shouted.

“No, it’s quite alright.” Derrick said. “I am not gay Landon.” Derrick said looking at Landon sternly. Landon just shrugged and took another mouthful of mashed potato.

“Maybe she’s just upset. Not at you, but with something else?” Summer said.

“Possibility.” Derrick said. “I hope so. I want to fix it.” Derrick said. Please don’t oh but please do. I can’t decide. My head is going to explode.

“Will you please excuse me, I need to go to the ladies room.” I said standing up.

“You’re excused Nicki.” Bob said.

“Thanks.” I said smiling and quickly turning to go the toilet. I looked at myself in the mirror and asked myself some questions. What will Landon and Summer do? What if he announces what we did a couple of weeks ago right now? What if does try to fix it and I fall for it? What have I done? I stand up straight straighten my dress out. As I was about to walk back out, I was pushed back in. I had a flash back from the night I was beaten and that it was going to happen, now. I went to scream but a hand covered my mouth and I started to cry in fright.

“Oh my god, Nicki I am sorry.” It was Derrick. He hugged me and I cried into his shoulder. He stroked his hand over my hair.

“Why would you do that?” I asked.

“I don’t know. I don’t know Nicki.” He said. He sounded hurt. Like he was hurt that he hurt me. I gathered myself up and stopped crying. 

“What do you want?” I asked him while wiping my tears away.

“You.” He said.

“Why?” I asked.

“Because ever since I first laid eyes on you, I just wanted you. I don’t know what it was. I eventually plucked up the courage to ask you out to tea. I was so happy when you said yes. I never stopped thinking about you Nicki and I don’t know what I’ve done. I’m sorry I called you a whore. You’re not a whore. You’re beautiful and caring. I wish I knew what was on your mind so I can fix it.” He said again pouring his heart out. My heart dropped. I have no idea what to say or do. I looked into his eyes and he was looking deep into mine.

“Let’s run away.” I said.

“What?” He asked shocked.

“Together, let’s go to New York.” I said.

“Nicki that’s crazy.” He said.

“Come on. We can work this out and nobody can judge us.” I said.

“Is that what you’re worried about? People judging us?” He asked. I looked to the side. “Nicki who cares about them.” He said.

“Please Derrick. Just for a week?” I asked. “So we can fix it.” I said.

“You’re famous and missing.” He said.

“You know that I’m famous?” I asked.

“Well yes.” He said.

“It doesn’t matter.” I said.

“Yes it does. It’s a big deal.” He said.

“I know it is. I want to work it out with you.” I said. He stood there thinking for a while. “Message me when you decide and come pick me up tonight.” I said. I unlocked the door and walked back outside to the table. I still have no idea what I am doing but I am going with my heart at the moment and not my head. I think I love him.

It was late in the afternoon and I secretly started packing, hoping Derrick will come tonight. I feel foolish and selfish, which I am. I’m leaving without saying goodbye or anything. They’ll hate me when they turn on the tv tomorrow. I should just tell them now but they’ll hate me wither way. Maybe I can just send money over to them. My phone vibrated and I quickly grabbed it. It was Derrick. “I’m coming now.” It said. I jumped up and down. I quickly packed the rest of my stuff and wrote a note.

“Dear the Shannon family,
I cannot thank you enough but it’s my time to go. I didn’t want to wake you all by saying our goodbyes but I need to go now. I wish I could re-pay you for all you’ve done. I’ll visit again. Goodbye xx.”

That’s good enough I thought. I picked up my suitcase and went to my door. To my luck, no one was there. I walked quickly downstairs and went out the back and waited for Derrick.

He arrived 5 minutes later and I put my suitcase in the back and got in the car next to Derrick.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” He asked.

“Hello to you too.” I snapped.

“Hi Nicki.” He said.

“I’m positive Derrick. I’ve never felt like this, it has to be right.” I said

“Okay. Let’s go.” He said putting the car into gear and heading off down the road.