Chapter Nineteen

Really short chapter again, but the next one will be massive! Enjoy! x

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Nineteen

It was stormy and raining and I walked down the same stairs I’ve been walking down for nearly two months for the last time.

“When I get home, I’m going to pay you for everything you have brought me.” I said to Terry.

“No you won’t.” She said.

“Thank-you so much, for everything.” I smiled and hugged her. She hugged me back. I saw Landon walk down the stairs and he stood at the bottom crossing his arms. He looked up and looked at me.

“Well I guess this is goodbye.” He said. I nodded.

“Yeah.” I said I quietly. “But it won’t be for forever.” I said. He slowly nodded. I walked over to him and hugged him and to my surprise he hugged me back.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered into my ear.

“You don’t need to be sorry.” I whispered back. I let go of him and smiled. He smiled back at me. Then Summer came down. She had a present in her hand.

“I made this for you and for this day.” She said. She handed me the present and I carefully unwrapped it. It was a picture of the whole family.

“Aw thanks Summer. It’s beautiful.” I hugged her and she hugged me back.

“Crap! We need to go!” Terry said. I quickly grabbed my stuff and ran outside. I put my stuff in the boot and quickly got in the car. Summer and Landon jumped in the back seat. I smiled at them and they smiled back. Terry drove off very fast making us bump our heads on the windows.

“Ow.” Summer said.

“Sorry.” Terry said. I watched the farm house go off into the distance. I’ll miss being at the farm so much. We arrived at the train station with minutes to spare.

“Aw Nicki, I’m going to miss you.” Terry said hugging me tightly once we were on the platform.

“I’m going to miss you too!” I said hugging her back. The train arrived just as we pulled apart. “I’m going to miss all of you so much.” I said trying not to cry. I didn’t realize how much I will actually miss these people. These people have been my family for months and I have to leave them. They have changed me into a better person. They have made me look at life in a different perspective now. After losing Derrick, I also know the pain of real heart break. It hurts a lot.

I boarded the train and sat next to a window. I looked outside and Terry, Summer and Landon were all waving goodbye. I smiled brightly at them and waved with all the energy I had. The train started to move and the station was soon in the distant. I couldn’t stop my tears from falling any longer. I put my sun glasses on and looked out the window.

~

We finally arrived at Flinders Station in Melbourne. It was so big and confusing. No one has even recognized me yet. Though who would? My hairs is in a messy plait and I’m  wearing old jeans with an nice top Terry brought me. No one would think I am Nicki Minaj if I told them. Who am I supposed to tell? I walked out of Flinders Station and crossed over to Federation Square. So much people were around and they have no idea that Nicki Minaj is walking straight past them. Wow. I spotted two policemen over the other side of Federation Square. I quickly walked over to them.

“Um, hi.” I said.

“Can we help you?” The policeman asked.

“Um. Yes. I’m Nicki Minaj.” I said lifting my glasses over my head.

“Holy shit.” The policeman said staring at me. “Lopez, open the door for Miss Minaj.” He said to the other policeman.

“Wow, this is unbelievable.” Lopez said opening the door.

“Thank-you.” I said.

“No worries mate, err, I mean miss.” Lopez said. He shut my door and got into the passenger side and the other policeman hoped into the driver’s side. It’s so weird how in Australia, the driver sits on the right.

“We found Nicki Minaj!” Lopez said into his radio.

“Well, no. I found you.” I said.

“True, I guess.” Lopez said.

We arrived at a police station and my driver, Homer, from my tour was sitting there and Daryl my bouncer was standing there. A massive smile reached on my face and I hugged Daryl, so hard.

“I missed you.” I said.

“I’m so glad you’re okay.” He said. “I will never forgive myself for what you went through.

“What are you talking about? I had the best time of my life.” I said finally breaking away from him.

“What?” He asked shocked.

“It’s a long story. Let’s go home first.” I smiled.

“I agree.” He said. We walked outside and there was people everywhere. How does news travel this fast? I got into the SUV and Homer got into the front. We drove off to the airport. Daryl’s phone started to ring.

“Hello?” He said. “Oh. Yep, okay. It’s for you.” He said handing me his phone. I took it and put it to my ear.

“Nicki?” They said.

“Rhi.” I said. I burst into tears and so did she.

“I’m so glad you’re okay. I miss you so much.” She said.

“I’ll be home soon, I promise.” I said.

“Good. God Nicki, don’t even do this to me again!” She shouted.

“I’ll try not to.” I smiled. I’m so glad to be going home but I must admit, it’ll be weird without the Shannon family.