Chapter Fifteen

:O Things are getting intense now! Enjoy! x

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Fifteen

Summer woke up shortly afterwards and my heart broke for her. She had to go under treatments because she lost so much blood and doctors don’t know why. They don’t know why she miscarried either because stress wasn’t the cause. Summer would just sit in her bed, staring out to space and there was nothing I could do to help her. I’d sit with her every day until she was released from hospital. Even though she didn’t say anything, I knew she was thankful that I was with her when her parents had to go work to support the hospital fees. I still haven’t spoken to Landon. I feel bad. I mean his sister was just in hospital for nearly week. I don’t blame him for the way he exploded. He was angry and scared for his sister. I should probably go and do the right thing and apologize. He needs it.

The car ride home was silent. Terry was driving and I let Summer sit in the front.  We finally got home and it was quiet. Summer went straight to her room and Terry looked upset as she walked upstairs not saying a word to anyone.

“She’ll be okay.” I reassured Terry. She flashed me quick sad smile and went into the kitchen. I went outside to go find Landon. It was cold and the clouds were dark and ready to rain on us. I went to the barn and sure enough I found Landon cleaning the horses. I stepped in and he looked up and saw me.

“I just wanted to come and apologize.” I said.

“You don’t need to apologize Nicki.” He said sternly.

“I do. I’m sorry for fighting with you. I should know better.” I said.

“I should know better. I treated you like shit. That’s not how a man should treat a woman.”  He said.

“True but I kind of deserved it.” I said.

“No you don’t. You’ve been taken out of the world your familiar with and brought into a world where drama happens all the time.” He said.

“Oh trust me, enough drama happens in my world too.” I said.

“Still, you’re only a beginner.” He said. I laughed a little.

“I guess I am.” I said. He smiled. “But still, I’m supposed to be an adult and I acted like a baby.” I said.

“I acted like more of a baby.” He said.

“We both acted like babies.” I said.

“You’re right I guess.” He smiled. “Well I forgive you anyway, even though there is nothing to forgive.” He said.

“Well I guess I forgive you too even though there is nothing to forgive you for either.” I said. He walked over to me and gave me a hug and I hugged him back. He took a step back, breaking the hug off and looked into my eyes. His eyes were so green and flashing into my eyes. He quickly leant in and kissed my lips. I was surprised and shocked but then I felt bad and remembered about Derrick. I took a step back.

“I’m so sorry.” Landon said.

“No, that’s okay.” I smiled. “I have to go and help your mum cook dinner.” I said and left quickly. What just happened? I was so shocked and my heart was breaking. If Landon ever found out about Derrick and I, it’d break his heart. I’d have to leave. I’d never see anyone again. What did I do? I become so angry with myself. I sat on my bed and hugged my pillow. I started to cry. I let it all out. It’s like it finally dawned on me what happened. I slept with Derrick. The one person that the two people who were looking after me, told me not to go near. I’m such an idiot. Everyone is going to hate me. My phone started to ring and I looked at it. It was Derrick. Speak of the devil.