Chapter Three

Picture of Summer on the side! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                                                

Chapter Three

I burped in boredness and looked out the window. This is just ridiculous. As if I can’t just go back to the city. It’s boring here. How can people have this as a life style? But who am I to judge? I sat down on the bed and took my heels off. My feet were killing me and all sweaty. This is gross. I need 45345 showers right now. The door handle jiggled and I stilled, watching the door. A teenage girl walked in with a washing basket and I held my breath until she seen me. Her eyes widened.

“Who are you and what have you done with my brother?” She said. I looked at her shock.

“You don’t know who I am?” I asked.

“No. I haven’t seen you before in my life.” She said. I couldn’t help but think, does this girl under a rock away from all humanity?

“Well this awkward…” I said.

“Is that my dress?” She asked. I looked down to the floral dress.

“Yes, yes it is.” I said.

“This is absurd.” She said and quickly walked out.

“Sorry!” I shouted out to her. She does not like me and it’s actually more absurd that she doesn’t know who I am. I mean, what the? A middle aged woman walked in and a short but old man followed her.

“Who are you?” They asked. I rolled my eyes at the question. “Don’t roll your eyes at me!” She shouted. Holy Mother of Jesus.

“I’m Nicki Minaj, famous rapper from New York, don’t believe me then well get on YouTube.” I said in a bored tone.

“We don’t have internet.” The old man said.

“Oh. Well how do you live?” I asked.

“Well excuse me if our living style doesn’t tickle you fancy.” The middle aged woman said. Bit rude. “Anyway, what are you, a so called ‘famous rapper’ doing in my son’s room?” She asked. Just as I was about to reply Landon came rushing in.

“Mum, Dad, it’s okay! Nicki is the person who I went to see in the city.” Landon explained.

“That girl that you described as your ‘everything’ and you could live with her for the rest of your life?” His sister said. Landon blushed red and I smiled. Cute, he has a crush on me.

“She’s a rapper?” His Dad laughed a little. “Oh boy, you can never have a famous girlfriend.” His Dad, I think, said.

“Yes, Dad, I know.” He said.

“And why is she wearing my dress and why is she in your bedroom?” His sister asked.

“Because she got attacked by some old man, if you cannot clearly see her bruised face, you must be blind.” Landon said. “And her clothes were all stinky and ragged because of the attack, so she borrowed one of your dresses until I brought back some clothes for her. Happy?” Landon said.

“But she needs to go back home.” Landon’s Mum said.

“She can’t! She’ll be all over the television. People will think she is even more stupid for wondering around by herself, which it is.” He said. “No offence.” He said to me.

“None taken.” I said.

“So, how long does she have to stay here for?” His Dad asked.

“I don’t know maybe a month.” He said. My eyes widened.

“What?!” I said out loud.

“Well, it gives us time-“

“Time to get to know each other?!?” I said in a panic.

“No, no, no. I mean we are going to have to make up some story, saying you got kidnapped or something.” Landon said.

“But then my body guards will get fired for not protecting me.” I said.

“Just say that you went to the toilet and someone got you there?” His Dad said.

“That could work.” I said. There was an awkward silence.

“Well then, welcome to the Shannon family!” His Dad said. I smiled.

“Thank-you.” I said back.

“I really don’t like this idea… She can stay in the guest room until she has to leave and she can have some of my old clothes I put away for Summer.” Landon’s Mum said. “By the way, I am Terry.” She came over and put out her hand. Yuck. Okay, I can’t be rude, and I can just wash it afterwards, right? I shook her hand and then Landon’s Dad came over.

“I’m Bob.” He smiled broadly. “And that is Summer, Landon’s sister.” He said. Summer just looked away. Okay, someone doesn’t like me already.  “Well then, let’s go shopping for you!” Terry said.

“Uh, Mum, she has to stay here, away from the public for at least a couple of days. Helicopters will be searching everywhere for her.” Landon said.

“True. Okay, Summer and I will go shopping and you can show her; her room and get her settled in.” Terry said.

“Sounds like a plan.” Landon said smiling.

Landon showed my room. It was white and had a double bed. Yes. I love my king sized bed back at home, but this bed is better than a single bed.

“So your clothes will be in here.” He said pointing to the walk-in cupboard. “And we can put your make-up and other things next to your bedside table and oh, be careful of the mirror; it was my great-grandma’s.” He said smiling.

“Go it.” I said sitting down on my bed. It was comfortable. Good, that’s the only thing that matters. “Could I catch up on some sleep?” I asked.

“Yeah sure. Then you can have some food afterwards. Let me fetch you a blanket.” Landon said. I haven’t even thought of food. I’ve been turned off it. This is all so hard for me to sink in. I want to go home.

“Here we are.” He said coming in with a big fluffy blanket and putting it on my bed. “Well I hope you have a good sleep and goodnight. Well, it’s morning… Anyway, just walk down when you wake up.” He smiled. I laughed a little.

“Okay, thank you Landon.” I smiled. He smiled and shut the door behind him. I laid down and put the warm fluffy blanket on me. This is just bizarre. Not in my whole career did I think I’d get attacked and save by some cowboy who took back to his place where I have to stay for a month. I tossed and turned until I found a comfortable position and fell asleep immediately.