Chapter Ten

I tried to make this a big chapter and it repeats itself a lot but i've been so tired lately and i kind of rushed it, sorry. :( Enjoy. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Ten

I woke up to the sun shining in my face. I forgot to shut the curtain last night. I looked at the time and it was 7am. It was a bit early but there was no way I was going back to sleep now. I got up and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was a mess and my make-up was all over my face. How embarrassing. I opened the door and looked out into the hallway. It was dead silent with no one in sight. I walked out of the room and down the hallway until I found the bathroom. I walked in and got some toilet paper to try and wipe my make-up off. I got most of it off and I looked so much better, part from my hair. I sighed and walked back out into the hallway. I walked downstairs into the kitchen and there was a lady. I stopped in my tracks as she did too. She looked scared.

“I am so sorry if I scared you.” I said.

“That is quiet alright.” She smiled. She had a British accent. She looked so young. “My name is Eliza, could I get you something?” She asked.

“No, thank-you.” I smiled. She nodded and kept on doing the dishes. “Are you a maid?” I asked confused. Why would Derrick need a maid for?

“Yes I am.” She smiled.

“Oh. Well I’m Nicki.” I smiled.

“Derrick has told me a lot about you.” She said.

“Really? Like what?” I asked.

“Like how pretty you are and that your smile is beautiful.” She smiled. My heart thumped in my chest.

“Wow...” I said shocked but smiling like a dumb idiot.

“He is quiet fond of you.” She said as she started drying the dishes and putting them away.

“We’ve only met a couple of times. I’m only here because I got locked out of the house I am staying at.” I said.

“Oh really?” She said raising her eyebrows.

“Yeah.” I said.

“Derrick just sleeps around a lot, if you get what I mean…” She said putting the kettle on. What? No. He doesn’t seem like that kind of person at all. “Would you like a cup of tea?” She asked nicely.

“Um, no. I have to go and um, do some washing.” I said, putting on my best smile. I just need to get out of this house.

“Oh really? Well it was nice meeting you Nicki. I hope I get to see you again soon.” She smiled.

“It was nice meeting you and I hope to see you soon too.” I said. Never. I am never coming back here. I walked upstairs quietly and got dressed into my dress from last night. I laid the clothes I slept in nicely on the bench and left a note for Derrick making something up. I grabbed my hand bag and walked back down the stairs and out the door setting off down the road. Is Landon actually right? That this man just gets with you and leaves? I hope not. I hope she’s lying. I hope Derrick is actually a true gentleman that treats a lady right and not just uses her for his pleasure. My feet were hurting because I had no shoes on. It is just impossible to walk in heels on a dirt road. I could see the farm from here but it was still so far away. I kept walking and the sun was now burning on my skin. I could feel my face and shoulders burning as I walked towards the house. Finally I got there and reached for the handle until someone opened it and ran out to hug me.

“Nicki I am so sorry.” It was Summer.

“It’s okay barb.” I said hugging her back.

“I thought someone took you. Landon has been out looking for you all morning. We’re so sorry.” She said crying into my burnt shoulders but I didn’t care. “I was so scared.” She whispered and stood back. I wiped the tear that was falling with my thumb and smiled.