Chapter Twelve

Here is the next chapter! Sorry i've been so slack lately. :/
Enjoy! :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                     Chapter Twelve

I sat at the kitchen table. I couldn’t sleep. Who would know such things? Better yet, who would even have that much of a cold heart to say all those things and tell people? I thought about it even harder than I have been but I gave up. My head was pounding because I need to close my eyes and rest them and my head. My head has been over used. I looked at the clock and it was already 6am. There is no chance of sleep no. Good job Nicki. I heard Landon get up and run down the stairs being himself and went straight to the fridge without noticing me. Gee thanks Landon. I scowled at him as he continued to search for whatever he was trying to search for in the fridge. Probably food no doubt. He finally gave up and shut the fridge door and turned around to face me.

“Why are you up so early?” He asked biting into an apple.

“Well good morning to you too.” I said bitterly.

“Gee, I’m sorry. Good morning Nicki.” He said rolling his eyes at me.

“Much better Landon.” I said smiling. “I’m up because I didn’t go to sleep at all last night.

“Why? Are you okay?” He asked serious. Aw, he cares.

“No. Not really but let’s wait until Summer gets up before I tell you.” I said.

“Yeah okay. I’ll just go have a quick shower and she should be up by the time I get out.” He said putting the half eaten apple on the table in front of me. I looked at him in disgust and he just smiled and ran upstairs. Disgusting. He can eat that later. I walked upstairs and got out a pair of jeans and a nice red top that I haven’t worn yet. I really do miss my crazy outfits and my high heels. My wigs. I miss everyone and everything but I love it here so much. This is what I call an adventure. It’s like I’m not even Nicki anymore. I’m more like Onika. Young Onika. I brushed my hair and went back downstairs. Summer was running the dishes but looked half asleep. She looked at me and quickly ran outside.

“What are you doing Summer?!” Bob asked. He’s been out there since 5 this morning doing the garden. “No! Not the garden!” He yelled out in frustration. Landon flew downstairs and straight outside and I thought I should follow. Summer was hunched over and vomiting over the garden. Bob look sad that all his work had been wrecked by Summer’s morning sickness.

“I’m so sorry Dad.” Summer said after she was finished.

“Why did you vomit for?” He asked her. Landon looked at me and I gulped.

“I um, I don’t feel too well still I guess.” Summer said.

“Is your medicine not working? Maybe we should take you back to the doctors.” Bob said.

“No!” Summer screamed out. “I mean, no. We just have to wait awhile; okay?” She said and quickly walked back inside. Bob frowned and looked at me and Landon.

“I know you two know something. Those facial expressions tell me so.” He said. Landon looked at me again and I rolled my eyes at him making it obvious to Bob that we were communicating through facial expressions.

“Well, it isn’t really our story to tell Dad.” Landon said and I nodded.

“But if it was important, you would tell me. Right?” He asked looking at me.

“Yeah, of course.” I smiled. I just lied. Of course it was important and I would love to tell him but Landon was right. This is Summer’s story to tell, not mine but she needs to tell her parents really soon before her bump starts showing.