Epilogue

A/N-

Hello everyone! So, it's come to it- the end of Darker Shadows.

It isn't however, the end of Ava's story as there is still one more book to write in the trilogy! It will be called Out of the Shadows and I will be publishing it as soon as I can :)

Thank you so much to everyone who has carried on reading this far. It means the world to have fans like you who still read even though I've been writing this for almost two years.

I hope you all enjoy the epilogue, and I shall post the link to Out of the Shadows on my profile and also as an update on here.

Epilogue

The kitchen was quiet aside from Mrs. Weasley’s hustling and bustling within it as she cooked the food for dinner. When I walked in, she looked up at me and smiled, dropping the potato that she was holding on the side.

“Everything alright?” She asked, stepping towards me.

I nodded quickly,

“Yes thanks- I was just coming to get a drink.”

I supposed that Remus must have told Mrs. Weasley what had happened to me over the past year, as she had been very concerned about me since the end of the school term. Every time I walked into a room that she was in, she dropped whatever she was doing to talk to me and to ask if I was okay.

I didn’t always meet her eye when I answered for fear of her seeing that I wasn’t okay- normally, this didn’t stop her. I could tell when I looked at her that she knew that I was lying, but she didn’t pry.

I had been staying at the Burrow for a couple of weeks now, ever since the term at Hogwarts had ended. The Weasleys made me feel very welcome, and that had been exactly what I’d needed. I was glad that I didn’t feel like a nuisance.

I picked two mugs up out of the cupboard and started to make hot chocolate. Mrs. Weasley smiled,

“Is the other for Fred?”

I nodded, “He specifically demanded to have a total of five marshmallows on top. Is he always like that?”
Mrs. Weasley laughed,

“He’s wanted five marshmallows on his hot chocolate since he could talk.”

I cracked a small smile and looked into the mugs as I stirred the drinks. As I picked them up to make my way out of the kitchen, Mrs. Weasley called out,

“If you need anything, just come and let me know.”
I thanked her and walked through the corridors to the living room, where Fred was sitting on the sofa and staring out of the window.

I placed the mugs down on the table and sat down beside him, pulling my legs up underneath me.

Fred pulled a home-knitted blanket out from beside him and laid it out over the both of us. I leant my head on his shoulder and sighed.