Chapter 26- Love Gone Wrong (Ava)

Chapter 26 (Ava)

I stood alone in the dark Room of Requirement, my heart pounding.

What had Draco meant when he’d been apologising? Whispering the word ‘sorry’ against my lips like it was the most important thing he needed to say to me, like he really meant it.

I just didn’t understand why he’d been saying it.

I walked towards the doors and opened them, checking for any students in the corridor before stepping out. The doors closed behind me and disappeared into the wall, leaving behind no trace of the room.

I started to walk, although I had no idea where I was going. I knew I should have followed Draco, asked him questions, but I had been so shocked, I hadn’t even thought about it.

Now, walking down the corridor alone, I felt on edge. I was in the dark about something, and I didn’t have a clue what it was.

I was pulled from my thoughts as I turned the corner and saw Harry dragging a dopey Ron Weasley down the corridor. I stopped,

“Harry? What’s the matter with Ron?”

Before my brother could reply, Ron grinned,

“Harry’s taking me to meet Romilda.”

I frowned,

“Romilda Vane? What on earth happened to Lavender?”

Harry grabbed onto my arm and muttered in my ear,

“He ate some chocolates with love potion in them. I need to take him to Slughorn to see if he can make an antidote.”

I nodded and turned to Ron,

“Follow us, it’s only a bit longer. Romilda can’t wait to meet you- in fact, I’ve heard her say plenty of things about you.”

A dopey smile spread across Ron’s face,

“Really? I didn’t think she even looked at me.”

We started to walk again, and I nodded,

“Of course she’s looked at you, she won’t shut up about you!”

We arrived at Slughorn’s office soon enough, and he opened the door after the first knock,

“Harry, Ava… This is very early for a call… I generally sleep late on a Saturday…”

Harry cleared his throat,

“Professor, I’m really sorry to disturb you, but my friend Ron’s swallowed a love potion by mistake. You couldn’t make him an antidote, could you? I’d take him to Madam Pomfrey, but we’re not supposed to have anything from Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes and, you know… awkward questions…”