Chapter 15- Lions vs Snakes (Ava)

Chapter 15 (Ava)

I walked out of the bathroom with my clothes on and walked towards the mirror, going to pick up my brush. I stopped when I noticed a girl sitting on her bed combing her own hair. Before the night I’d been sent to the Hospital Wing, I would not have cared for the other girls in my dormitory. But now I knew I had someone to thank.

I stepped forwards and smiled,

“Excuse me?”

The girl looked up and me and cleared her throat as if she felt awkward talking to me. I stood up slightly straighter,

“Are you the girl who ran to Professor McGonagall a few nights ago when I was having a nightmare?”

She looked at me for a moment before nodding. I sighed with relief,

“Well, I just wanted to say thank you. That has only happened once before so I’m sure you didn’t have a clue what to do.”

She shrugged and looked down at her shoes,

“I thought going to a teacher would be the best option.”
I nodded,

“Well, thank you again. What’s your name?”

The girl looked up,

“Sophia. I know who you are though. Ava Potter.”

I glanced down at the floor,

“Yes, that’s me.”

Sophia looked at me to see if I wanted to say anything else before silently turning around and leaving the room. She seemed a bit icy towards me, possibly because I was Harry’s sister. But at least I’d said thank you to her.

I quickly brushed my hair and left the dormitory. There were a few students standing in the common room talking to each other quietly. They didn’t stare at me like all of the students had just after I’d spent the day in the Hospital Wing. All sorts of rumours had been flying around. The majority of the students didn’t know why I had been screaming, so they’d made things up. After a few days had passed, I was no longer the topic of people’s conversations.

The Great Hall was buzzing with excitement for the Quidditch match. It was Gryffindor playing Slytherin, so the tension was high.

I sat down at the Slytherin table and started to butter a piece of toast. Pansy was sitting next to me drinking her pumpkin juice as she sighed,

“Draco! I was planning to cheer you on at the Quidditch match! I didn’t realise you weren’t playing.”

He looked up at her,

“I sorted the team out but I just decided I need to focus more on my studies this year.”