Chapter 28- Unexpected Customer (Fred)

A/N-

Hey everyone! I am so extremly sorry that it has taken me this long to update! It's only a short chapter as well, but it's been taking me so long to write because I was finding it hard deciding what should happen when. I really am sorry- I ready fanfictions all the time and I know how frustrating it is when gthe author doesn't update!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it, even if it is a bit short!

Chapter 28 (Fred)

“Heard anything more about Ronnie?”

George looked up at me from his space behind the shelf,

“Mum said he’s going to be alright.”

I sighed with relief. Both George and I had been worried to hear about Ron’s near-death experience. He had been lucky that Harry had known about the bezoar.

The shop was practically empty, as it was mid-afternoon on a week day. Also, people seemed to be more and more afraid of leaving the house.

Perfectly understandable.

“I heard from Charlie, actually.” George grinned, “He said he’s going to come over soon, have a look around the shop.”

I smiled,

“He can see how much our pranking has paid off.”

George continued to stack the Love Potions up on the shelf while I sorted the money out at the front desk.

Standing in the middle of our shop made everything else that was going on seem non-existent. When we were surrounded by bright colours and loud pranks, it was easy to forget about Death Eaters, Voldemort and the constant fear that the majority of wizards and witches felt.

That was probably why our shop was popular, and why it was one of the only shops left open on Diagon Alley. It seemed almost selfish to keep our shop open when so many others had failed. But, then again, what could we do? It had still been less than a year since we had opened the shop, and business was booming. We weren’t just earning money for ourselves but for Mum and Dad. They needed the money more than us, and it seemed fair that Ginny could have new schoolbooks and robes.

A middle-aged witch walked towards the till and passed me some Instant Darkness Powder. It momentarily flashed across my mind that a middle-aged woman had no use for Instant Darkness Powder. I shrugged the thought away and grinned at her,

“Hello Madam. That would be… five galleons please.”

As she looked around her purse for the money, I smiled,

“How are you doing on this fine day?”

“Ah, you know.” She passed me the money, “Quite busy, but I’m alright.”