Chapter 21- A Beautiful Memory (Ava)

Chapter 21 (Ava)

The Christmas break was nearly finished, and all of the other students were to return to Hogwarts tomorrow morning. I wasn’t sure how much I was looking forward to seeing everyone again. I wanted to see Harry, of course, but I wasn’t so keen about Draco.

I looked at the photograph in my hands and smiled, tucking it underneath my pillow carefully along with my letter from Sirius.

I put my head on the soft pillow and closed my eyes, ignoring the desperate desire inside me to take the photo out and look at it again. After a short while, I drifted off to sleep.

“Ava! Slow down!”

I turned around and looked at my mother. She had Harry in her arms, wrapped up in a white blanket. He had only been born a couple of weeks before, but I already loved him.

“But mummy,” I sighed, “I just can’t wait any longer!”

My father caught up with me,

“I know you’re excited, Ava. So am I. Don’t worry though. We’ll be there in a bit.”

I sighed exasperatedly and carried on walking in silence.

My father was right- we arrived at the park within a few minutes. Standing in the middle of the grass were Remus and Sirius, both holding picnic baskets and blankets. I squealed and ran over to them excitedly.

Remus bent down and picked me up, swinging me around with a large smile on his face. I laughed and he grinned,

“Ava, is it possible that you’ve grown since the last time that I saw you?”

I shook my head,

“Don’t be silly, Uncle Remus. I can’t have grown that quickly.”

He chuckled and held me while my father and Sirius laid the rugs and blankets out on the grass. My father paused for a moment,

“Where’s Peter? I thought he said he could come today.”

Remus shook his head,

“I don’t know, he said he was busy. He said to wish you all well.”

Sirius shook his head and sat down on the rug,

“When does Peter ever come out with us anymore? He’s always busy. Maybe he’s keeping something from us.”

“What do you mean?”

Sirius shrugged,