Chapter 33- Reunions (Ava)

Chapter 33 (Ava)

The doors to the library opened as a first year girl left, and I stepped through. Madam Pomfrey had discharged me half an hour before, and I had decided to spend my time in the library, catching up on the lessons that I had missed over the past couple of days. Plus, I had a feeling that a certain someone would be in there.

As if on cue, Neville appeared from behind a bookshelf. He glanced up and, when he saw me, his eyes lit up.

I ran up to him and wrapped my arms around him as he slammed into me, hugging me in return.

“Ava!” He gasped, “I was so worried about you!”

I smiled into his shoulder,

“No need to be. I was absolutely fine, Neville. Thank you so much for taking me to Madam Pomfrey.”

“Why were you asleep for so long? It’s not common for that to happen…”

“I-” I faltered, and Neville pulled away, instantly knowing something was wrong.

He eyed me cautiously,

“Ava…”

I sighed, taking hold of his hand and pulling him further behind the bookshelf. I leant towards him and whispered,

“You have to promise that you can’t tell anyone.”

Neville shook his head, his brown eyes widening,

“I promise, Ava.”

I kept my voice low and inclined my head towards his,

“I saw Sirius.”

“What?” Neville’s voice was loud, causing me to slap his arm.

“Keep it down!”

He sighed,

“Okay, okay- carry on.”

“The Draught of Living Death put me in a death-like sleep. I wasn’t dead, and neither was Sirius alive. We were meeting in the middle. I hadn’t seen him in so long, it was strange. He hadn’t changed a bit, but of course he wouldn’t have changed.”

I turned to look at the bookshelf instead of Neville, giving me a chance to blink away the tears that had formed in my eyes.

“He was what was keeping me from staying awake. It felt like I wasn’t with him for very long, but the times must be different from that world and this one.” I whispered.

Neville smiled,

“Was it a relief to see him?”