Chapter 27- Lost Charms (Ava)

Chapter 27 (Ava)

He had known.

Draco had known how angry I would be with him.

I had barely seen him, so I knew he was avoiding me. I was glad for that, because having to exchange any words with him would only have resulted in me shouting at him. He hadn’t even bothered to talk to me about it before he’d done it. And he’d caused the near-death of another student.

He was being incredibly reckless.

“Ava- you need to stand in front of your hoop.”

I glanced up at Neville, slightly startled. I’d been so wrapped up in my thoughts that I hadn’t even noticed that the Ministry wizard, Twycross, had asked us to take our places.

Over the course of the few weeks that we’d been doing Apparition, Neville and I had taken to standing next to each other. We had decided that it was better to fall over together so that it was less embarrassing. We had both become better at not falling over though, and we were both much more confident.

“On the count of three!” Twycross shouted- he still had as much enthusiasm as he’d had at the beginning, “One- two- three!”

I spun around, but did nothing apart from lose my balance momentarily. I shook my head- it was so difficult to Apparate! I’d expected to learn it within a few lessons, but so far- no such luck.

We were dismissed from the Great Hall, and Neville smiled,

“See you around, Ava.”

I nodded at him as he made his way out. Harry and Hermione were just in front of me, but they hadn’t seen me. Harry was muttering something, but Hermione shook her head,

“I’m going to the Hospital Wing. I just want to make sure Ron’s alright.”

Harry shrugged,

“Well, be careful- Lavender told me she might be seeing him tonight.”

Hermione just tutted,

“I don’t care about Lavender visiting Ron.”

I scanned the hallway for Draco, but I couldn’t see him. It was a relief to know that I myself didn’t have to bother with the avoiding.

But that didn’t stop Pansy Parkinson from bumping into me.

“Oi, Potter! On your own again?”

Before I could reply, she snorted,

“Well, it’s not like you’ve ever really had any real friends, have you? And if you ever do, they don’t stick around for very long. It looks like even Draco’s got bored of you. Well, I suppose that’s what happens when you spend too much of your life surrounded by muggles.”