Chapter 32- Living Death (Ava)

Chapter 32 (Ava)

 “I hear Dumbledore’s away again.”

I glanced up at Neville as we walked down the corridor towards the library. We had been given Defence Against the Dark Arts homework a few days before and had agreed to do it together. We had decided it wouldn’t take quite as long if we worked together on it.

“Really?” I replied, “Why do you think that is?”

Neville shrugged his shoulders,

“Absolutely no idea, Ava. It’s a bit weird if I’m honest. The Daily Prophet will be all over Hogwarts if they find out that he keeps disappearing. Then the Ministry will have to send someone in again…”

“They better not.” I muttered.

When I looked back up at Neville, my vision blurred and the corridor seemed to spin around me for a moment.

I lost my balance and Neville grabbed onto my arms,

“Whoa! Ava, what’s the matter?”

I held my hand up in front of my face and shook my head in confusion as I watched five fingers turn into ten.

“I should take you to Madam Pomfrey-”

I tried to stand up again,

“There is no need for that, Neville Longbottom! I will be absolutely fi-”

I swayed backwards and Neville caught me,

“Ava, what lesson did you just have?”

“Potions!” My words were becoming slurred, “I had Potions, I did… and we made the Draught of Living Death.”

Neville’s grip on me tightened,

“Did you drink any? Ava?”

I shook my head,

“No, no- but I overcooked it and these fumes came out of my cauldron. I think I might have inhaled too much-”

It was then that my body finally went limp in Neville’s arms and my eyelids fluttered shut.

*                    *                    *

“I’ve got you, Ava. I’ve got you.”

My eyes opened slowly at the sound of a familiar voice. I swallowed, trying to get rid of the unsavoury flavour in my mouth,