Prologue

A/N-

Hello! I just have two things to say:

This is the second book in a trilogy. If you want to read the first book, In His Shadow, click on the external link to the right of this.

Also, J.K Rowling owns everything. All I own is Ava Potter, a couple of other characters I have made up and included in the story, and the changed storyline.

I hope you enjoy it! :)

Prologue

My dreams were different now. They were no longer memories, instead showing my darkest fears about the future.

I stepped forwards from the shadows, trying to see what was in the centre of the room. It was only when I took a couple more steps I realised it was a person.

Harry turned around and stared at me with cold eyes, his whole body still. Before I could take another breath, he started to shout,

“You’re a traitor! I thought you cared about me, but I was wrong all along! Why would you even think about killing me?”

Tears blurred my vision and I gulped,

“I don’t know what I was thinking when I agreed to it, but it’s fine now! We’re both safe, alive.”

I didn’t want to tell him it had been a choice between his life or Fred’s.

I looked up at him again and realised both of my parents stood behind him, each with a hand on his shoulder. I started to run towards them, my hand outstretched.

I never reached them though. Harry pulled his wand out,

Stupefy!

I fell back onto the floor, gasping in surprise. I glanced up at my mother pleadingly, but she spat at me,

“You betrayed Harry. You are no daughter of mine. Traitor.”

My father whispered the word as well,

“Traitor.”

All three of them repeated the word over and over again until I shouted,

“Stop it! Why are you calling me a traitor when I haven’t actually done it?”

My brother shook his head,

“Ava, we’re in the place you go to after death. You did kill me. You didn’t even look sorry about it.”

I shook my head and whispered,

“No. I wouldn’t dare do that to you!”

Harry glared at me,

“But you did. And now you’re here with us too. You didn’t think Voldemort would keep you alive, did you?”

My hands started to shake as my parents and Harry walked around me, once again whispering the word.

“Traitor.”

“Traitor.”

“Traitor.”

I covered my ears with my hands and screamed until I couldn’t hear them anymore. But I still knew what I was.

A cold-hearted traitor.