Chapter 19- Christmas Dinner (Fred)

A/N-

Hello everyone! You may have noticed that in all of my chapter titles for this story I've written 'Ava' in brackets. Well, now it will become clear why.

I've been writing it from Ava's point of view, and now it's finally time for Fred's point of view. I hope you all enjoy this chapter! :)

Chapter 19 (Fred)

“Carrots, Fred?”

I looked up at Ginny and grinned,

“I suppose I can take a few off of your hands. Not too many though- I’ll save the rest for Remus.”

Remus glanced over at me and smiled politely,

“Thanks, but I’ve got enough carrots.”

I shrugged,

“Blimey, what a shame. I guess Ron will have to eat the rest then.”

George caught my eye and we both laughed. I waited for the usual reaction I received from Ron- an irritated outburst followed by mumbling- but he stayed silent. I raised an eyebrow and wondered if having a girlfriend had changed his personality. I’d heard plenty about them eating each others’ faces at every available opportunity.

Ron cleared his throat nervously, and I looked up at him. He looked slightly nervous- perhaps he was getting ready to ask Mum and Dad if he could marry Lavender. I chuckled at the thought and noticed George grinning down at his plate. He had the same thought on his mind too, it appeared.

I looked back at Ron and sighed,

“Come on, spit it out. What exactly are you about to ask us?”

 He looked down at his parsnips as if they were suddenly the most interesting thing in the world. I shook my head and got ready to ask him again when he gulped,

“Ava said that she wishes you a Merry Christmas.”

I froze for a moment. Any quiet chattering around the table silenced as everyone turned to look at me. My cheeks flushed slightly, and I took a bite of turkey, trying to ignore the looks from everyone else.

George broke the silence,

“Well, thanks Ava. How did she forget about the other twin?”

I half expected her to jump out from behind the door and punch George’s arm, telling him to shut up.

She didn’t.

I cleared my throat,

“How is she anyway? Ava, I mean.”

Hermione, Ron and Harry all looked at each other nervously. Harry started to speak but Hermione cut him off,

“She’s- she’s not alright.”

I frowned,

“What do you mean?”

“I don’t think she’s happy. She spends most of her time alone in the library, and if she’s not in there, she’s with Malfoy.”

My eyes widened. Ava still hadn’t managed to shake off that smarmy git?

Hermione continued,

“If… If I’m honest- she doesn’t seem happy.”

Harry spoke up,

“She had another one of those… nightmares.”

George looked at me, and I took a deep breath,