Chapter 23- Letters to a Family Friend (Ava)

A/N-

Hey everyone! I hope you're all okay :)

So, I haven't been updating much recently. I'm really sorry for that! I had science and astronomy GCSE exams which I really needed to focus on. I hope you all understand this!

Anyway, the science exams are over. My only exams left are a maths mock in almost a month, and a French oral at the end of this month. These are both important as well! I should be updating more now, though.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you to all of my readers! I noticed that overall, I have just over 1000 votes! This really means a lot, so thank you all very much. :)

Anyone been to see The Fault in Our Stars yet? I'm looking forward to seeing it next week.

Enjoy this chapter! :)

Chapter 23 (Ava)

I ran up the common room stairs and into the dormitory. No one else was in there yet, it was too early in the evening.

I looked through the drawers next to my bed for a piece of fresh parchment and a quill. When I had found both, I sat down on my bed and started to write the letter that I had been planning in my head all day.

Dear Remus,

How are you? We haven’t spoken in a while- I miss you.

I just wanted to write to thank you for the photograph that you gave to Harry. You knew when you gave it to him that it would bring another memory back- you were right.

It was one of the most beautiful memories I’ve had so far.

I hope you had a good Christmas too.

Love from,

Ava

I rolled the letter up and stood up. Snowstorm was sitting by the window, looking out at the setting sun.

I called her name softly and she her head to look at me. I raised the letter,

“Fancy making a delivery?”

She turned away from me again stubbornly. Laughing, I reached down into my trunk and pulled out some treats. Instantly, she snapped them up and opened her beak for the letter.

I gave it to her,
“Take this is to Remus Lupin.”