Chapter 2- The Train Ride (Ava)

Chapter 2 (Ava)

“Draco, slow down, will you?”

Draco turned to me with a sour look on his face,

“I just want to get good seats on the train.”

I rolled my eyes and carried on pushing my trolley with my belongings in it, constantly apologising to the people in the crowds around me.

Draco finally came to a stop and just stared at the brick wall in between platforms 9 and 10. I reached out to grab onto his sleeve, but he flinched away. I groaned,

“Draco! If you want to get good seats, we need to keep moving!”

He grabbed my hand and pulled me straight towards the wall between the platforms. I squeezed my eyes shut, even though I knew we weren’t going to crash.

The moment we were through, I glared up at Draco,

“Next time, can you tell me when we’re going to run through the wall?”

A small smile played at the corners of his lips,

“You’re scared of running through it, aren’t you? I saw you squeeze your eyes shut.”

I pulled him towards the train,

“I just blinked, that’s all. For a very long time.”

Draco shook his head,

“Oh, shut up Potter.”

I suddenly became conscious of the fact that we were still holding hands. I let go casually, pretending it was to help me get my luggage onto the train.

The platform wasn’t as busy as I’d seen it before. We were quite early, so we managed to find an empty compartment. I sat down next to the window, and Draco sat next to me. I leafed through a book absentmindedly as I chatted to Draco about the upcoming year, and the lessons we were going to have.

After about five minutes, the compartment door slid open, and Pansy Parkinson walked in. I’d hardly spoken to her, but I’d never really liked her.

She sat down on the other side of Draco and smiled,

“Draco! How was your summer?”

He nodded,

“Pleasant enough. What about yours?”

She shrugged,

“It was alright, but you didn’t send a single owl.”

I stared at the pages of my book and muttered,

“I’d say he’s been a little bit occupied.”

Pansy ignored me,

“Draco, last year you seemed to become a bit distant from everyone else. The moment the year started you only really hung out with Zach, Eleanor and Potter’s sister.”

I looked up,

“I’m right here, just in case you didn’t notice. Right here.”

I knew the real reason Draco had spent all of the previous year hanging around with me. He’d been trying to win my trust so he could take me to Voldemort.

I tried to push the thought away. Even though Draco had brought me to Lord Voldemort last year, he was the only person who knew about my mission. He had a mission too, so he knew how I felt. We had to stick together.

Pansy smiled at Draco and leant closer,

“Crabbe, Goyle and Zabini all agree with me. Let’s spend a bit more time together this year, yeah?”