chapter nineteen: squad

Aang

Aang

Aang had no idea what to do. Jet seem to be on the edge of dying, and girl just showed up and tried to save them. He didn't have time to pay attention, Dai Li was already attacking them.

'Maybe you would like some help?' He heard soft voice next to him and turned around. Something about it hitted him in chest, but he was under too much stress.

'Who are you? Why are you helping me?'  he asked, confused by her action, but girl just smiled.

'Hair can change many things, am I right? We don't have time, he is dying.' she said quickly and kneeled over Jet, so Aang decide to follow her.

His brain completely blocked. Was he supposed to know her? She obviously knew him.

'You really can't remember?' she smiled  at Aang while checking something on Jet, but he shake his head. 'And yet I wanted to show you how to manipulate elements.'

Suddenly, his whole world turned around. Aang couldn't believe that he isn't dreaming or meditating, his friend was standing right next to him.

'But you can't-- it's impossible, they said--' Aang started, not taking his look away from the girl. 'they said you sacrafice yourself.'

'And you believed that I sacraficed myself?' she asked confused, but he notice how hard she is trying not to laugh.

Aang totally forget about Jet for second. He wrapped his arms around Lyra, causing both of them to fall on ground next to Jet.

'You have no idea how long I wanted to talk to you.' she replied quietly and Aang noticed how different she look. He never paid attention to her appearance, but she never had short hair or seem tired.

'How did you know where are we? And what-- is that a Dai Li belt?' he wanted to ask her million quotations, but they were short on time.

'Aang, you are my friend. I was always with you, you just didn't know that.' She explained with smile and Aang tried to decode her words, which was extremely hard.

'I felt you. At North Pole, you were there. I didn't know you were--' he didn't need to finish sentence, Lyra was aware what he wanted to say. They kneeled next to Jet again and Lyra putted her arm on Aang shoulder.

'We can help him, but only with help of your water bender friend. He don't have much air.' Lyra said and Aang eyed her once again. He had no idea that she was skilled at healing. It always was her who destroyed little things, yet she was careful around everything alive.