2: for the winning battle

Lyra followed solider towards Zuko and Zhao. She didn't want to take her mask off, knowing that Zuko would realize that she doesn't belong to his ship.

He ordered her to stand next to Iroh. If she didn't know about his status of commander during war, she would assume that he was just nice old man.

"It's intense, isn't it?" Iroh spoke to her, eyeing her carefully. She assumed that he was suspicious of her, unlike Zuko he knew the squad well.

"It's just an agni kai. Prince Zuko should be able to defeat him quickly."

She had no idea how Zuko fought or how strong Zhao was, but it seem like right thing to say to man.

"After his last one, I'm not so sure." He looked at her knowingly but Lyra just nodded. She didn't know what he was reffering to.

As fight started Lyra regretted her words. Zuko was good, but Zhao knew more attacks then him. Zhao could defend himself from Zuko's fire without any thought.

Fight ended as fast as it started. She was surprised at how fair Zuko played, even if Zhao used every trick in his book. He choose not to burn Zhao, even when it would be fair in fight.

He seem more pleasant in fight then after one. Lyra found it strange how he treated his enemies better then his own crew. Maybe it was because he was superior in army titles, or his character was just unique.

When Zuko turned his back, Lyra noticed that Zhao was ready to attack him. He sent fire on Zuko, but Lyra fastly pulled out her hook swords and stood in front him. She wasn't sure if fire stopped at swords or she unintentionally airbended, but this meant that Zuko officially won the fight.

"Are you hurt because teenager is better then you, commander?" Lyra said calmly in deepest voice she could fake. She walked towards defeated man, but he sent flame in her way, missing her for few centimeters.

"You didn't master basics. That is the key for winning the fight."

"Do you want matching scar with your prince, you worthless solider? Only worst ones are in Zuko's crew, weakest in army."

"I stopped you, isn't that enough? Are you sure that two loses in one day aren't too much for mighty commander like you?"

Iroh tried to stop her, but she kept going closer to Zhao, who seemd to be as shocked as others by her attitude.

"Go away and leave Avatar fight for me." Zhao said with angry tone, "If he is back I'm going to be the one to bring glory to fire nation!"

Zhao left, leaving her alone with Zuko and Iroh. She noticed Zuko staring at her intensely.

"You switch places with one of soliders." Iroh said calmly, "We are on this ship for two years, I know every man personally for decades."

Lyra stared at him, hoping that mask hide her expression. "I did. I hope there isn't any problem, general."

"Call me Iroh!" He smiled, offering her hand, "I will always greet new man on the ship! Right, Zuko?"

Zuko nodded at his uncle. "Are you firebender?"

"No."

"Fine. There aren't many swordmen on ship, you're going to train with me. We are going to catch Avatar." Zuko said, and left the room right after.

"Excuse my nephew, please. He's bad with people, but I'm sure he's glad to have someone skilled with swords next to him!"

_____

As they entered at ship on the last day she was sure that fire nation noticed how her statue is gone. It stood around for years, firelord wont accept the fact it disappeared so lightly.

Lyra was aware that she was important for fire nation even since she was a child. Other then winning the war and finding Aang, return of her statue would be one of main priorities of Fire Nation.

Practicing fight with swords helped her to calm herself down. World was different now and she didn't know anyone from her surroundings. Lyra was aware that her marks would still be visible, she needed to find wayto cover them up as soon as possible.

"You are skilled swordman, you and Zuko will get along well. Do you want some tea?" Iroh showed up behind her, asking polietly. Lyra shaked her head.

"Thank you, but maybe some other time. I don't want to interrupt my routine."

"I will keep that in mind. May I ask you some questions here, since you are new to this ship. I understand why older man gave up, it's nice from him to find us replacement immediately!"

Lyra admired how Iroh didn't seem to care about bad side of story. He thought soldier betrayed him and left, yet he was glad that supposed replacement came.

"Sure Iroh, as long as you stay away from my swords."